Banana Oatmeal Cookies. Gluten-free Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies with Chocolate chips. 1 Bowl 20 minute Banana Cookies. Vegan Gluten-free Oil-free Recipe.
These cookies are fun and easy. They are crisp on the outside and soft inside. They are not overly soft, overly banana-ey with nut butter and banana making the wet base. They make a great snack.
Mash the banana, fold in the nut butter and maple. Add oats, almond flour and other dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips or add cranberries, candied ginger, choped up nuts or seeds. Shape, bake and serve. Use up those bananas!
2 days to go. Please Vote.
- Oatmeal Walnut chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chickpea flour Chocolate chip cookies
- Peanut/Almond butter Pecan Cookies
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Giant chocolate chip and chunk cookies
- Ginger Molasses crinkle cookies. GF
- Double Chocolate chip cookies.
Mash the banana
Add the wet ingredients and nut butter and mix.
Add the dry ingredients and mix
Fold in chocolate chips or currants, cranberries.
Make 1.5 inch cookies and bake
Store on the counter for upto 3 days.
Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tbsp raw or coconut sugar or use stevia or other sweetener
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (28 g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1 cup (81 g) old fashioned oats use certified gluten-free if needed
- 2 to 3 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F / 190ºc
- In a bowl, mash the banana really well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- I usually warm the entire bowl by keeping it near the oven (or microwave for a few seconds) to help the nut butter mix in faster.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix in.
- Add oats and chocolate chips and mix in. At this point you can also add cranberries, nuts chopped small, seeds, candied ginger etc.
- Oil or flour your hands and make flat cookies from the mixture and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until almost all golden. Cool completely and store in an airtight container on the counter for upto 2 days or refrigerated for upto a week..
Absolutely love this , thanks so much:)
These were DELICIOUS; my two boys and husband loved them, too!!! Can’t wait to make my second batch! Note: I didn’t want to use my hands to flatten the cookies, so I used a mini ice-cream scoop to place the ball mixture on to the parchment-lined baking sheet; then using only one small piece of wax paper over each mixture, I carefully flattened the cookie with a meat mallet.
it just amaze me! I thought that such a many kinds of flour for only cookies! then wow, they work well so much.
Every bites makes me little happy:)
Richa, I’ve made these two nights in a row now! Soooooo delicious!
Any suggestions for making a nut-free version of these? I’m not gluten free but I cannot have peanuts or tree nuts. ????
sunflower seed butter or any oil should work
Thank you! I was also wondering about the almond flour since, in another comment, you said swapping out all the almond flour would probably mess up the texture.
it should work ok with oat flour
This recipe is just what I was looking for.
I just tried it this morning. I added sultanas instead of chocolate and they were really nice
I’dd love to bake some more but I don’t any bananas. Can we use apple sauce instead?
These look great and I’d like to try making them. My husband is anti-coconut everything. Could you recommend a sub for the coconut flour that would still make them gluten free? Would all almond flour work?
yes all almond flour will work
These cookies are terrific. They remind me a little bit of the girl scout cookies with coconut and chocolate.
These are amazing! I love how the banana flavour comes through.
Thank you so much for this recipe, I just can’t stop making them 🙂 I only use coconut flour, and usually and extra banana but it so yummy. They are in the oven right now.
Why be vegan?
I put 6 spoons of vegan chocolate chips in it instead because I like them so much and they turned out great.
Yeah, I’m a guy, but I still cook.
Great recipe, thanks!
is it possible to swap the almond flour and coconut flour to whole wheat flour?
you want to keep a bit of the almond flour for the texture and the rest you can replace with whole wheat flour.