This chickpea flour omlette is full of veggie goodness and one hundred percent vegan and gluten free. A quick and easy recipe Jump to Recipe
Add salt, spices, oat flour
- 1 Tablespoon flaxmeal
- 1 Tablespoon Oat flour or omit
- 1/3 cup (40 g) chickpea flour besan
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- a generous pinch of black salt/kala namak 1/8 teaspoon
- a generous pinch of garlic powder 1/8 teaspoon
- pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) baking powder
- a few Tablespoons each of chopped onion bell peppers, tomato, carrots( 1/3 to 1/2 cup total veggies)
- 1/2 (0.5 ) Jalapeno or serano chili pepper finely chopped or use black pepper/cayenne to taste
- 1/4 cup (7.5 g) packed chopped spinach or greens
- In a bowl, add flaxmeal and warm 1/4 cup water.
- whisk and let sit for 5 minutes. Prep the veggies.
- Mix baking powder in the chickpea flour.
- Add in the chickpea flour, oat flour, salt, spices and 1/4 cup more water and mix. and whisk for half a minute to combine well and to help the batter get airy.
- (Or use garfava(garbanzo and fava bean flour), instead of flax,oat, chickpea. Mix in baking powder in garfava flour and add water. garfava makes a thicker mixture and a fatter fluffier omelette. you might need additional water if the batter is too thick)
- Add the veggies, jalapeno, greens and fold in well.
- Heat a non stick pan at medium heat and grease a little.
- Drop the batter on the hot pan and tap once or twice to spread. (Or use spatula to spread the veggies a bit)
- Cover with a lid and cook for 7 minutes.
- Take lid off, add a few drops of oil on the edges, cook for another 5-7 minutes(depends on the consistency of the batter).
- Flip and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add more greens and/or non dairy cheese, fold and serve with ketchup, toasts and hash browns.