These Chickpea fries are awesome finger food. They can be frozen to store, baked or grilled with or without oil or pan fried. I added ranch seasoning to the batter, so u can eat these fries as is without a dip, or use any of your favorite dips or sauces.
Change up the seasoning, or skip the spices.. tons of variations.
Make these Chickpea flour Fries.
Short post again today.. crappy eye alert..
More Savory Snack and Breakfast options see the collection here.
In a pan, add all the ingredients and start whisking on low-medium heat.
Cook until the batter feels quite stiff.
Pour the batter onto parchment or greased sheet.
Let it cool and set.
Cut it up. Bake, grill or pan fry.
Brushed will oil and being grilled on grill pan on stove top high heat below.
Chickpea Kabocha Fries. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe Fat-free option
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Chickpea flour besan/garbanzo bean flour. You can also use garbanzo-fava bean flour
- 1/3 cup (300 g) well mashed roasted Kabocha squash or any other squash or 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato
- 3/4 cup (187.5 ml) water
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ranch seasoning Garlic, Onion, Dill, Parsley, Chives and a touch of Pepper. or other spices of choice)
- black pepper to taste
- In a bowl or directly in the pan, add all the ingredients and whisk.
- Heat the pan on low-medium heat and keep whisking to combine all the ingredients.
- Whisk for 4-6 minutes until the batter starts get thick and stiff. You will be able to feel the stiffness and the batter will not move easily.
- Drop the stiff batter onto parchment or greased sheet. Spread the batter quickly using a greased spatula keeping it 1/4-1/2 inch thick and let set for an hour in refrigerator.
- Cut the set batter into strips. (At this point, the strips can be frozen. Thaw and proceed to grill/bake.)
- Then either bake or pan fry or grill. Brush a little oil on the fries to grill.
- Pan fry for 2-3 minutes each side on medium-high heat.
- For Baked: Broil on Low for 4-5 minutes then broil on High for half a minute to a minute(depends on how crisp you want the fries). The fries can be baked or grilled without oil too.
- I sprinkled some cajun spice on them and served with sriracha.