Crisp Okra with Indian Pickle Spices. Achari Bhindi. A simple fun and super yummy crisp bhindi with pickle spices. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Crisp Okra with Indian Pickle Spices. Achari Bhindi. Vegan Recipe.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1.5 cups (150 g) cut okra (bhindi, smaller okra are better, the bigger ones have big seeds and are tough)
- 1/3 teaspoon (0.33 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) chili flakes/chili powder or to taste
- Dry roast the pickle spices on medium heat, stirring continuously for a minute.
- Grind and keep.( You can make a bigger batch of this spice mix and keep for 2-3 months! Toss chunky veggies with this spice mix for a quick side of vegetables!)
- In a pan, add oil, heat at low-medium heat and spread oil all over the pan.
- Drop in the cut okra. The pan should be big enough to accommodate the cut okra without much overlap.
- Sprinkle the salt, chili and desired quantity of pickle spice mix on the okra to evenly top all pieces.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and mix well, and cook for another 10-15 minutes, partially covered, on Low heat till desired crispiness is achieved
- Serve hot as side with any Indian meal (flat bread, lentil soup) or top any rice dish or eat as you like it.! Simple and yummy(according to hubbs)!!:)