Gochugaru Baked Tofu, Melon, Pepper Veggie skewers with Chili Lime Sauce. Summer Vegetable kabobs. Vegan Glutenfree Nutfree Recipe.
The love affair with Gochugaru continues. If you haven’t yet tried Korean pepper blends like gochujang sauce or gohugaru pepper flakes, definitely get some and try in various ways! In Mac and cheese, Roasted Veggie Bowl, In Chickpea wraps.
I use Gochugaru pepper flakes(they are also available in some everyday spice brands), over tofu, veggies and melon, which get grilled and served with a simple chili lime sauce. The pepper flakes have a fantastic lemony peppery flavor and they work beautifully with tofu and veggies. You can use other peppers or flakes that you have. These veggie skewers are Easy and So Delicious!
More Grilled options from the blog
- Grilled Breaded Tofu GF option
- Grilled Portobello with Garlic Herb Sauce GF
- Grill Some Garlic herb Flatbread
- Grilled Fajita Pizza GF option
- Grillable Black Bean Sunflower Seed Burgers GF option
- Grillable Artichoke Spinach Cauliflower Bean Burgers – Gf option
- Lentil Walnut Burgers. GF option
The large tofu cubes get crisped on the outside and juicy and soft inside. Grilled peppers and Melon(or other fruits) round out the flavor and texture of these skewers. Hubbs declared these some Amazing Tofu!
Gochugaru Baked Tofu, Melon, Pepper Veggie skewers with Chili Lime Sauce
- 14 oz firm or extra firm tofu pressed for 10 minutes, then cubed into large cubes
- 1 green pepper or other veggies
- 2 slices of melon of choice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 2 to 3 tsp gochugaru pepper flakes or use other pepper flakes
- a good dash of salt
- gochugaru and salt for the sprinkling
Sweet Chili Lime dipping Sauce:
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp or more maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) gochugaru or red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder , add a clove of garlic minced as well for more flavor
- a good pinch of salt
- Cube the tofu and veggies into large pieces so that they dont fall off the skewers easily. Mix soy sauce, garlic, pepper flakes and salt in a bowl. Brush the mixture liberally on the tofu cubes and let chill to marinate for half an hour. Brush so that the pepper flakes are spread over all cubes. You can also sprinkle more gochugaru as needed.
- Then Skewer the tofu cubes, melon and peppers onto skewers. Sprinkle more gochugaru/pepper and salt on the melons and peppers.
- Grill on a grill skillet or grill, until tofu has nice grill marks. Turn the skewers around to have grill marks or on atleast 2 sides of the tofu. Serve as is or over salad, with sweet chili sauce.