Gochujang winter squash Sliders with horseradish spread. Easy shredded squash tossed in maple + garlic + gochujang, serve as slider or tacos. Vegan Recipe
It is one of those days when I found a post in the drafts. These sliders are super easy and fun to put together. I used Acorn squash. Use any squash of choice. Gochujang adds a deep spicy profile for the shredded squash. Watch the heat!
Paired with shredded cabbage or lettuce and horseradish dressing. Make them in sliders, or fill up tacos or wraps!
Its so hot in Seattle today, that I just want to sleep on the floor. Sleep writing through this post.
In other awesome news, the book is going for second printing! as the publisher ran out of the first print stock and its just 2 weeks since release! Get your copy today, and please do leave a review if you cooked some from it!! Happy Friday!
More sliders and burgers from the blog
- Pulled Butternut Squash Tacos. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe
- Butternut Squash Sliders with Sriracha mayo and Caramelized onions
- Sweet Potato Adzuki Bean Sliders with Dill Aioli
- Vegan Tinga bowl with Hearts of Palm, Chickpeas, Spanish rice
Gochujang Winter Squash Sliders
- 1.5 cups (354.88 g) thinly chopped or grated squash
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp gochujang korean fermented chili sauce or use other asian hot sauce of choice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- sesame seeds for garnish optional
- shredded cabbage lettuce, carrots or other shredded veggies
- prepared horseradish spread or vegan wasabi mayo (I used sunflower horseradish spread by Viana )
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add squash and a generous pinch of salt. Toss to coat, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the gochujang, maple, garlic, ginger and mix well. Cover and cook until the squash is tender to preference. 5 to 10 minutes depends on the size of the squash pieces. Taste and adjust salt and spice. Add sesame seeds for garnish.
- Prepare the shredded cabbage or other veggies of choice. Prepare the horseradish spread or wasabi mayo ( wasabi + vegan mayo or cashew cream). Layer on slider buns and serve.
I think you’d also be interested in checking out Ingredients for Change on Facebook for plant-based recipes and my videos on Youtube: https://youtu.be/TFCznK9GnHc Please do check it out, I have a feeling you might like it!
Nice space,loved the use of squash in slider.And hey; we share the same name too….
Congratulations on the second printing!! You deserve it 😉
thank you Nina!! <3
This looks yummy! Korean dishes seem tasty!
Congratulations on your success! =D Can’t wait to purchase your book!
Amanda @ Sweets and Greens
Must be the season for sliders. I made some yesterday, but I love your idea of using squash. I’ll be trying this out for sure. Thanks.
I assume when you say maple in the ingredients, you mean maple syrup.
yes maple syrup
What a great Korean twist on such a Western recipe!
Yay Richa! Second print – that’s amazing! You deserve it – the recipes are fantastic! 😀
I also am a gochujang addict. These sliders look to be totally up my alley. Maybe summer sliders of zucchini, and grilled protobello sliders for picnics? …
Fantastic news, and much deserved!
Second printing already..!! That is so exciting and I couldn’t be more happy for you!
My book arrived yesterday. I have yet to create anything, but I am beyond impressed by the information you provide, the layout, the photos, and the recipes. This is a quality production. Hat’s off to you!!
Christine (The Raw Project)
These look wonderfully creative and tasty, thanks! A great vegan option to prepare for my husband.