Lemony multigrain loaf a refreshing mildly sweet bread with endless possibilities.. It makes for a great snack with Jams and Marmalade, or fresh tomatoes,basil and vegan cheese. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Lemony Multigrain Mini Loaf
- 1 cup (125 g) bread flour
- 1/2 cup (60 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons quinoa coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 4 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 1 tablespoon (1 Tablespoon) canola oil or vegan butter
- about a cup water
- 1.5 teaspoons quick rise yeast
- Warm 1/2 cup (250ml) water, add sugar and yeast to it. Let rest for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Add in the quinoa flour or coarsely ground quinoa, 3/4 cup bread flour, whole wheat flour, salt, zest, lemon juice, oil and knead for 5-6 minutes.
- Add in more warm water or bread flour if needed to make into a soft not too sticky dough.
- Place dough in well oiled container where it can double in volume. Spritz top of dough with water and cover with heavy towel.
- Let dough rise for 1.5 hours.
- Using little flour, knead the dough and shape into an inch thick 2 rectangular shapes. Roll up the rectangle and place the loaf seam side down in the mini loaf pans.
- Spritz top with water. Sprinkle some poppy seeds on top(optional). Press them a bit then spritz top with oil spray. Cover the pans with towel and let rise for 45 minutes
- Bake at 365 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool before slicing! This soft and refreshing minis are headed to Susan's Weekly YeastSpotting!
- Total time does not include 2 hours proving time
- Nutritional value is based on 1 slice