Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Arugula, Avocado and Lemon Oregano Olive oil dressing. Lemon Garlic Dressing brightens up this Summery Quinoa Salad. Perfect to make ahead and serve at Picnics. Vegan Gluten-free, Nut-free Soy-free Recipe.
This Salad hits all the Summery notes. Crisp Arugula, juicy Cherry tomatoes, Avocado, fluffy Quinoa all dressed in a refreshing Lemon Garlic olive oil dressing. Simple ingredients, incredible together.
The salad comes together quickly and also stays crisp for upto 4 days. For longer life, keep the dressing separate. Add other ingredients such as chickpeas or toasted nuts to make into a meal, cucumber, zucchini, other greems for variation.
The Dressing is inspired by the dressing on the salads and sandwiches I have eaten over the years at Mediterranean joints. I also use it on my Avocado Pear Bagel. Its perfect on many veggies and fruits.
More Salads from the blog
- Crunchy Vegan Asian Salad With Baked Tofu & Garlic Soy Maple Dressing GF – This baked tofu is perfect on many salads
- Curried Sweet Potato Lentil Salad GF. A favorite
- Chopped cucumber Onion tomato Salad- Kachumber Salad GF Light
- Firecracker Chickpea Salad with Thai peanut dressing GF So filling
- Southwestern Pasta Black Bean Salad. a Picnic staple
Make this Salad your own! Let me know how it turned out.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Arugula, Avocado
- 1 large clove garlic pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) dried oregano or parsley
- 3 tbsp really good extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp or more lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) maple or sugar optional
- 1/2 cup (85 g) uncooked quinoa or use 1 1/2 cups cooked fluffed quinoa
- 3 to 4 oz (2 to 4 oz) baby arugula
- 1 cup (5.26 oz) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ripe avocado cubed small
- salt black pepper
Other additions for variation:
- Cucumber sliced or chopped ,sliced kalamata olives, Pear, chopped, Cooked Chickpeas, toasted nuts(pine, cashews) or toasted sunflower seeds
- Make the dressing by mixing everything vigorously. in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa: Rinse the 1/2 cup quinoa really well then combine in a saucepan with 1 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp dried oregano. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, lower the heat to low, cover and cook for 13 to 15 mins. Let it sit covered for another 5 mins, then fluff and use.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, add the cooled quinoa, arugula, and cherry tomatoes and mix with dressing. Add the avocado and lightly toss. Add salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the overall flavor by adding more salt, lemon or pepper. I generally add a good dash of freshly ground black pepper. Serve or Store refrigerated for upto 4 days
- To make ahead: Keep the dressing separate, toss when ready to serve.