Mushroom onion saute. A delicious and easy throw together snack, lunch or dinner for weeknights or when you’re pushed for time. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
A simple Mushroom saute, my moms way! Mom is not here yet,, but hey we all love our Mom’s creations. This dish is a quick throw in for a weeknight or a lazy weekend. Some pre-packed sliced white mushrooms, onions and spices! and there you go.
Mushroom Onion Saute
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 medium (0.5 medium) onion
- 2 cups (192 g) white mushrooms or chopped portabello.
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- In a pan, add a Tablespoon of oil.
- Add a half a medium onion chopped or sliced.
- Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes until just about translucent.
- Add in the chopped white mushrooms or chopped portabello.
- Mix well and cook covered on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in salt and red chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste, mix well and cook partially covered until mushrooms are tender. (10-15 minutes)
- Add some garlic powder.
- Add some cajun spice blend.
- Add black pepper, thyme and sprinkle lemon juice before serving.
- Sprinkle olive oil, nutritional yeast and dried basil right before serving.
- Add garam masala blend for a indian spicy twist.