A delicious potato bread loaf made with mashed potato. So easy and delicious, this bread is great for everyday sandwiches and toast. Vegan Recipe.Jump to Recipe
This one’s got some mashed potato and the water in which i boiled the potato.. Nice and starchy!
Potato Bread Loaf
A delicious potato bread loaf made with mashed potato. So easy and delicious, this bread is great for everyday sandwiches and toast. Vegan Recipe.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup (60 g) whole wheat flour
- 3 cups (375 g) bread flour
- 1 packet quick rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium sized potato boiled and mashed
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) potato water (water in which I boiled the potato)
- oil for greasing
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup (60ml) warm potato water and yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar and mix well. Wait until the mixture becomes frothy. 10 minutes.
- Grease the mixer bowl and add the flours, oil, salt and mashed potato and mix well.
- Add in the yeast mixture and the remaining potato water and knead for 8-10 minutes (batches of 3 minutes) Add more flour or water if required.
- The dough should leave the sides and be soft ant not sticky.
- Place dough in well greased container covered in a warm place for an hour to 80 minutes.
- Punch the dough down and use some flour to knead it to make it less sticky.
- Shape the loaf by pulling on all sides and tucking under and place in well greased bread pan.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until the bread looks nice and brown and sounds hollow.
- Cool completely before slicing! and Enjoy the roasty potato taste!
- Total time does not include 2 hours proving time
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving
Potato Bread Loaf
Amount Per Serving
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Vitamin C 2.4mg3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.