Potato Leek Subzi with fennel and mustard seeds. Potato leek stir fry with Indian spice. Easy side. Vegan glutenfree soyfree recipeJump to Recipe
Meatless Mondays with a quick side subzi(dry vegetable stir fry), using local and in season veggies. Leek and other root veggies are still abundantly available right now. So why not use them in other things apart from soups (Carrot Leek Celery potato soup) Leek when roasted to golden, give this salty garlicky flavor to the dish, which means you can easily eliminate the garlic!
Potato Leek Subzi with fennel and mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons safflower or organic canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) red chili flakes or chopped green chili to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) turmeric
- 2/3 teaspoon (0.67 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 2 medium potatoes chopped I used red potatoes
- 1/2 cup (44.5 g) chopped Leek washed well
- In a medium deep pan, add the oil and heat on medium.
- Add in the mustard seeds and let them start to sputter.
- Add in the fennel and mix for a few seconds.
- Add in the leek and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric and salt. Mix.
- Add in the potatoes and mix well to coat spices.
- Cook covered for 15-20 minutes on low heat until potatoes are well done. Stir 1-2 times in between.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro or chopped green onion. Serve as part of meal with any lentil soup(Daal), or beans curry, Indian flat bread(Roti) and salad or any indian pickle. or as a side with any meal or as is.