Pumpkin pie spiced oats and quinoa mini loaf. This bread has the amazing aroma of pumpkin pie spice and is a bit on the dense side, but still nice and airy. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Pumpkin Pie Spices Oats and Quinoa Mini Loaf
- 1 cup (125 g) bread flour
- 1 teaspoon active yeast
- 1/4 cup (20 g) oats
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 2 teaspoons quinoa
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) or more water
- oil spray for greasing
- Blend/grind the oats, flaxseeds and quinoa into a coarse meal. Boil half cup of water and add to the ground mixture. Add in sugar and mix well. Let stand until the mixture is warm to touch (2 minutes).
- Add in the yeast and 1/4 cup (30g) flour and mix well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice and oil and knead into a not so sticky dough. Use more water if needed.
- Place dough in a well oiled container. Spritz top with water and cover with heavy towel and let rise for 2 hours.
- Take dough shape into a rectangle, then roll it up and place in bread pan seam side down.
- Spritz top with water and then with oil and cover with damp towel.
- Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Take loaf out of the pan and let cool before slicing.
- Enjoy topped with marmalade, toasted as snack, or toasted and dipped in chai spiced tea or with pumpkin pie latte!
- Total time does not include 2 hours 45 minutes proving time
- Nutritional value is based on 1 serving