Stuffed pretzels with sauteed cremini mushrooms and green beans. A delicious and fun snack for game day! Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Another one in the snack series for Gameday! Though I am not a big fan… but it is a fun day to just hang out and devour fun snacks.. some favorite game day snacks like these pretzels, Beet sliders, Roasted Chickpeas or some unusual fun things like Quinoa GF flat bread pizza, or Dhokla!
Check out some favorites like Jalapeno poppers, Guac, nachos, chili cheese dogs, curry fries and more in Kathy’s amazing collection here. and PPK’s superbowl ideas here..i’d love to bake me some curry garlic fries..
Pictured with some spinach hummus. I made these fat pretzels. You can roll them out thinner and make 2-4 more with the same amount of dough. These can be filled with vegan hot dogs to make them pretzel dogs.
You can also skip the stuffing and just roll the dough into a long rope, cut tiny bits and follow the cooking directions to make cute 1 inch pretzel bits. Serve with your favorite dip. These can also be refrigerated once baked, warm in the oven and serve. Or Make the dough, stuff it or not, shape, spray water on top, cover and refrigerate it for a day. Boil and bake when you want to serve.
Pictured above are Glutenfree Pretzel bites. Made with the same dough as my Glutenfree Naan flat bread with Oats and potato starch, without spices..
After the first rise, Use a little potato starch or flour to handle the dough and make a ball, then shape into bits. Cooking method is the same. Boil in water and baking soda, cover in salt, then bake for 12-15 minutes on 400 deg F.
Made oval shaped bites.. and voila.. some cute footballs!
Stuffed pretzels with sauteed cremini mushrooms and green beans. A delicious and fun snack for game day! Vegan Recipe Gluten Free Option.
Servings: 8 -10 pretzels (makes 6, 3 inch fat pretzels. you can make 8-10 if you roll them thinner)
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) bread flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar or other natural sugar/sweetener
- 1 teaspoon active yeast
- 1 Tablespoon organic canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons non dairy yogurt I used SoDelicious plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Kosher or sea salt for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons baking soda mixed in 6 cups of water for boiling pretzels in.
For the filling
- 5-6 (5) cremini mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup (55 g) green beans chopped.
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) chili flakes or to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- In a pan, add oil and heat on low. Add mushrooms and cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Add green beans, salt and chili flakes or black pepper. Mix and cook covered for 5-7 minutes until mushrooms start to brown.
- In a bowl, add warm water, yeast and sugar. Mix well and let it get frothy. 5-7 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix in the flours and salt well. Add to yeast mixture.
- Add oil and yogurt and knead into a soft non sticky dough. 3-4 minutes. Add a smidgen more yogurt if needed.
- Place dough in greased container, Spritz top with water, cover and let rise for 2 hours or until doubled.
- Take dough out, knead for a minute then roll out into a rectangle.
- Sprinkle the filling on the rectangle and roll it like a jelly roll from the long side.
- Stick the edge with a little water.
- Roll the jelly roll between your hands to make it thinner like a rope as much as possible.
- Cut the rope into equal pieces and seal the ends.
- Alternatively, you can divide the dough into balls and roll each one out, add filling and shape into about 2 inch long cylinder pretzel.
- Place these on parchment.
- Bring 1.5-2 quart (6-8 cups) water in a deep pan to a boil. Add the baking soda.(water quantity Depends on size of your pan)
- Boil the pretzels in the water for 30 seconds or so till they rise on their own.
- Remove from water and place back on parchment lined sheet. Sprinkle and press salt on the tops.(I dint have kosher, and the table salt is not visible in the pictures:))
- Once all pretzels are on parchment, bake in preheated 400 degrees F oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden.(depends on size of pretzel. smaller ones take less time)
- Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving with any favorite dip like vegan ranch or hummus or vegan honey mustard!
Nutritional value is based on 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories 76 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 65IU1%
Vitamin C 1.6mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
These pretzies are heading to Allergy friendly Fridays, Ricki’s Wellness weekend, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays,Allergy free Wednesdays, Susan’s Yeastspotting