Easy Vegan Cheesecake for 2. Baked Vegan Cheesecake Recipe with Cashews and non dairy yogurt and gluten-free oat crust. Dairy-free Individual Cheesecake Tarts. Soy-free Gluten-free Recipe. Pin this for later. Jump to Recipe
One of the local vegan bakeries where I had first tried a baked vegan cheesecake, closed some years ago. I was hoping another one would crop up near downtown, but that did not happen. The nearest cheesecake is now some 7 miles away (with traffic back ups en route pretty much all the time), or some frozen options from the the grocery store, that aren’t a favorite.
So I make my own individual portions around the holidays. Quick and easy. I like raw cheesecakes as well, but they are a bit different. These cheesecakes have a simple oat almond crust filled with cashew non dairy yogurt filling that bakes to a perfect tang, smooth and creamy cheesecake. Make these and hide the second tart for yourself for later! Takes just 20 minutes to put together. Serve with vegan ice cream or whipped non dairy cream.
More holiday desserts from the blog
- Almond Poppy Seed cake GF
- Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- Lemon flan. GF
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Pumpkin Pie with gingerbread crust. GF
Step by step photos
Make the cheesecake crust dough
Press into tar pans.
Blend the cheesecake filling and fill the pans
Bake until set. Cool and chill for an hour
Slice and serve with whipped coconut cream or vanilla ice cream.
Vegan Cheesecake Baked
- 1/2 cup (60 g) oat flour
- 1.5 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt scant
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) cinnamon
- 2 tsp oil
- 1.5 Tbsp or more maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (122.5 ml) non dairy yogurt I use kite hill almond plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup (43 g) soaked cashews soaked for atleast 15 mins in hot water
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 2.5 tsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 to 2 tbsp sugar or sweetener
Make the crust:
- Add oat flour, almond flour, salt, cinnamon and oil to a bowl and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp maple syrup and mix in. Add more maple syrup about a 1/2 tsp at a time and mix to make a soft dough.
- Press the dough into 2 tart pans or other 4.5 inch pans. (or 4 greased and bottom lined muffin pans)
Make the cheesecake filling:
- Blend all the ingredients until well blended. Taste and adjust sweet and tang and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake a 350 degrees F / 180ºc for 40 to 45 minutes. Let it sit in the oven for another 10 minutes. Then cool on the counter for a few minutes. Refrigerate for atleast an hour before serving. Serve with whipped coconut cream or vegan vanilla ice cream
For the filling, use 3/4 cup non dairy yogurt and 3/4 cup soaked cashews. For easy blending, soak the cashews for atleast 4 hours. Nutritional values based on one serving