Super quick post for the day.
These Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies are packed with pumpkin spice, pumpkin caramel and coated in cinnamon sugar. The Pumpkin puree made into pumpkin caramel keeps these cookies more crisp than regular pumpkin puree. Make some for the holiday season!
My sinuses are still killing me. I cannot wait for this thunderstorm weather to be over. Short posts till then.
Vegan Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. Cinnamony Pumpkin Cookies.
More Cookies from the blog. All tried, tested and loved.
Vegan Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- 1 cup (120 g) Spelt flour or other flour for gf, use a gluten-free flour blend
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or other starch
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (58 g) spiced pumpkin caramel
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp or more coconut sugar or other sugar optional
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients, flours, starch, salt, spices, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add the pumpkin caramel, oil and vanilla extract and mix to form a soft dough. Add a tsp or so non dairy milk if the mixture is too dry, or add a few Tbsp more flour if the mixture is sticky. Taste the dough and add a Tbsp or more sugar if needed.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll them into balls. In a bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Roll each balls in the cinnamon sugar. Place on parchment lined sheet. Press with a fork to flatten. Chill for 10 minutes(optional)
- Bake at pre-heated 350 degrees F / 180ºc for 11 to 12 minutes.