Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars. No Bake Vegan Glutenfree

This. Edible. Cookie Dough = Awesomeness. Please make this cookie dough asap! Oh and try to treat them like a treat and not eat all of it together ;) you know all that sugar high :)

These soft fudgy bars have blanched almond flour and oat flour, with coconut palm sugar, raw sugar, a lot of vanilla, just 2 Tbsp coconut oil, and loads of mini chocolate chips. Each small bar is a moment of happiness.

I mean who wants to bake a chocolate chip cookie in Summer right. It was supposed to be summer here. We still are at high 60s, sometimes 70s this week. meh. We picked up the Eat Pastry cookie dough jar during our shopping spree at Vegan Haven store. I tried that cookie dough raw, and it did not work for me. The baked cookies from the dough were really good. So I decided I needed my own edible raw cookie dough. Tada!

You can use the cookie dough anywhere really. Make some cookie dough ice cream. Add a bit to oatmeal, cereal. Make balls, Coat them in chocolate and gift :)

There is no vegan butter or palm oil in the cookie dough. The mini chocolate chips might have palm oil. Use dark chocolate chunks like these from Theo Chocolate which use cocoa butter to make the cookie dough palm oil free.

More easy desserts or snacks from the blog
Mojito Energy Balls. GF
Chocolate Chip Pudding Pie with almond Date crust  GF
The ultimate Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies. Gf option
Super seed chocolate protein bars. GF
Salted Date Caramel Pie. No Bake. GF

mmm mmmm mmmm.
melt in my mouth!

Steps:

Mix in the ingredients.

Chill. Eat as is from the bowl, make balls, flatten into a circle or rectangle.

Chill. Cut into bars and store refrigerated.

Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
Allergen Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, yeast, gluten. Palm-oil free if you use chocolate chunks

Ingredients: Makes 12 , 1.5 inch skinny squares, easily doubled, tripled
2 Tbsp solid coconut oil
2 Tbsp almond milk or other non dairy milk
1/4 cup Coconut palm Sugar or brown sugar
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract (use 2 tsp for less intense flavor)
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup Oat Flour (certified gf) finely ground Oats
3/4 cup Almond flour/fine Meal
1/4 cup ground raw sugar
1/3 to 1/2 cup vegan Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, or vegan dark chocolate chunks by Theo to make palm oil-free.

1. Melt the coconut oil by heating in a pan or bowl. Whisk in the almond milk, coconut sugar and vanilla until well combined.
2. Add the flours, salt, and ground sugar and mix. Taste and adjust sweet if needed, or add more flour or oil for the soft sticky, but not too sticky dough. Do not add too much flour as the do set and dry out as they chill. Fold in the chocolate chips and mix.
3. Press onto a parchment sheet and shape into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle (about 8 by 7 inch size) and Refrigerate until set. Cut the bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge, if there are any going to be left for the next day :). Eat as is, or Add these to ice creams, morning oatmeal or chia pudding, shakes, and what not.

For variations:
Melt chocolate in a double boiler and pour oven the shaped dough rectangle. Refrigerate and cut the bars.
Refrigerate the dough as is for 10 minutes. Then shape into cookie dough balls.
The finely ground almond flour adds a richer fudgy texture to the dough. You can use other neutral tasting flours as a substitute. More oat flour or unbleached white flour.
If grinding your own almonds, add a few Tbsp oat flour, regular flour or starch while grinding to avoid getting almond butter.

Disclaimer: amazon Affiliate links

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Hi! I was wondering if I could sub coconut flour or maybe another nut flour for the almond flour? I am allergic to almonds :(

how about cashew flour. coconut flour might make it taste a bit like soil unless you are used to that taste. any other neutral tasting flour would work too. regular unbleached white flour, or just more oat flour

Oh, my! Someone needs to save me from myself, because I WILL make these and I WILL eat the entire batch by myself. I’m a total cookie dough fiend and these bars are a doughy dream come true!

Hello!

I saw your blog and thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite you to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from your food blog. It’s a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called “Mikser Kulinarny”, founded in Poland. “Mikser Kulinarny” has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards
    Agnieszka

4. Anonymous says

I made these last night. It only took about 10 minutes and used ingredients I already had in the pantry. Delicious! To make it less sticky and slightly more cakey I ended up adding an additional 1/4 cup of flour; white four – I’m a GL (gluten-lover). I was slightly disappointed at first because it didn’t look like it made very much, but they are rich so it’s like double what you think it’s going to be. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

5. Anonymous says

I too bought some Eat Pastry dough from Vegan Haven looking to pig out on some vegan cookie dough only to be disappointed by the flavor. However….once baked, they were some dang good cookies!!!!! I can’t wait to make this recipe….

i know right. i think its difficult to get both a good cookie dough and a good baked cookie. these are awesome as raw cookie dough and make decent cookies. eat pastry makes really great cookies, but i cannot eat that dough :)

I keep coming back to this recipe and looking at it. Oh my gosh it looks so delicious. I’d probably end up eating WAY too much of it though – LOL! I’m thinking they would be really good broken up and slightly blended in a vanilla or chocolate (vegan) smoothie. YUM!

7. Anonymous says

Hello! :) I’m excited to try this recipe but I was wondering what you would suggest (if anything) as a good replacement for Oat floor? I have oats, and other types of flour but not oat flour. I can look into buying some if necessary.

Thank you! :)

8. Ellen Lederman says

Fabulous! Genius! Raw blond brownies, cookie dough bar—whatever you want to call them they are terrific.

My only problem was that I put the dough on a cutting board and then stuck it in the fridge to set. Forgot to use parchment paper. They stuck a bit to the board and crumbled a little when I was trying to cut and remove them, but no big deal. They are glorious.

so glad you made them! yes they do need the parchment. its basically cookie dough in any shape or form. square, round or crumbled :)

9. Anonymous says

Oh my goodness this is such an amazing cookie dough recipe. Me and my hubby love this. So easy to whip up. Thank you!

Right now I only have organic Cane sugar, organic Maple syrup, and local Honey. Which two might mix well in this recipe? Do these sweeteners generally taste good when mixing in recipes?

you can use cane sugar as a sub for coconut sugar and raw sugar.
      the sweetness can be adjusted when using different sweeteners in general, its the type of sweetener that might not work in a recipe. for eg, replacing dry sugar with maple in this or a baked recipe will not work, because maple adds extra liquid.

I read elsewhere that coconut flour requires extra liquid, also in an earlier post you mentioned coconut flour tasted bland or “like grass”… so there is some probability that this combination of maple syrup and that flour may work in my favor. ;) what do you think… ?

yes, coconut flour does need extra liquid. a lot infact. in this recipe, you would probably need just 1/2 or 3/4 cup coconut flour for the entire dry ingredients. i find it tastes a bit like dirt. taste preferences change over time though. i did not like tempeh before now i love it.

it will work with regular unbleached white flour or even spelt flour. Whole grain flours like spelt though have a strong grain taste, so you might want to make a small batch to see if you like the taste. if it doesnt work out, you can bake them up into cookies. :)

11. chelsey says

I just made these and the blizzard and they are both positively sinful!! Sooo good way better than any non vegan cookie dough I have ever had.