Baked Cauliflower is always in season. Crusted with just salt and pepper, some spices, or battered and crisped up with breadcrumbs. These super spicy breaded cauliflower bites will be on fire at your superbowl party. literally on fire in your mouth too!
Hot sauce + black pepper + cayenne. All the heat you need! Taste the batter before using. If you don’t need a jug of cold water after tasting, you are good to go. Add more flour + water if too spicy.
Serve with a cooling dip like the celery ranch on this post.
Use gluten-free breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes for the crunchy coating to make gluten-free.
2 more days to Game day! Go Seahawks!
More super bowl apps from the blog
You can also make Spicy Potato wedges with it. Use sliced russet potatoes instead of cauliflower.
Allergen Information: Free of dairy, egg, soy. can be made corn-free and gluten-free. use gluten-free breadcrumbs or corn flakes for the crunchy coating.
for the Batter: I used higher end of all the spices :). use to taste.
1 Tbsp evoo
1/2 to 3/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 to 3/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp flour or 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
2/3 tsp salt
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
a very generous dash of black pepper
1 to 2 tsp ranch seasoning (equal amounts of dried parsley, dill, thyme, garlic powder and onion powder).
1 to 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp evoo
- ½ to ¾ tsp black pepper
- ½ to 1 tsp cayenne/ red chili powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 to 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- 3.5 to 4 cups cauliflower florets
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup ground cashew
- ½ to ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp flour or 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- ⅔ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (can be omitted)
- a very generous dash of black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder or 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 to 2 tsp ranch seasoning (equal amounts of dried parsley, dill, thyme, garlic powder and onion powder).
- 1 to 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ to 1 tsp celery seeds
- In a bowl, mix everything except cauliflower for the batter. if the batter is too thin, add more flour or starch.
- In another shallow bowl, mix everything under breadcrumb coating.
- Dip cauliflower in the batter, then coat in breadcrumbs and place on parchment lined sheet.(use gloves or a fork. the batter is spicy)
- Drizzle any remaining batter on the cauliflower. Spray oil.
- Bake at pre-heated 425 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick goes through the cauliflower easily. Serve warm with dip.
- Blend everything except celery seeds. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Add celery seeds and blend for a few seconds. Chill and serve.