Huzzah! The Jalapeno Popper Dip you want to eat every weekend for Gameday is here! No pre-made cream cheese, or store bought cheese shreds. Just good old whole ingredients. There are two dips that get swirled up to create the flavor profile. One is cream cheese style jalapeno dip and the other havarti style dip. Add chopped up jalapenos, fresh and pickled. Top with toasted bread crumbs. You can serve this dip as is (use oat + almond crumbs or almond parm mixed with evoo for a raw dip) or do a quick broil and serve immediately. Serve them swirled or serve the dips separately as two!
How did this dip come about.. This jalapeno popper dip in the Tempeh scramble wrap + this havarti on this Creole spiced veggie omelette. come together in this fantabulous deliciousness.
Add other goodies like cooked corn, coconut bacon. Or top with a little daiya and broil til it melts for the melty strings when you dip. Go Hawks!
Make this vegan jalapeno popper dip ..:)
What to do if you make the dip during the week and you have some leftover.. add to sandwiches spicy sandwiches, drizzle on omelettes or add to the batter of said omelette!
Pfft right. I am on the raw train too ;). Well not really. If something does not need to be cooked for the right taste and texture, then it just doesn’t. But for all other purposes I like my food cooked. This dip can be served cooked or raw. This isn’t a 6 ingredient dip (cream cheese, mayo, havarti, cheddar, breadcrumbs and jalapenos and bake :). What this is though is ultra delicious and healthy. Top with some daiya pepperjack or mozza or home made oil free mozzarella for a melty top and broil.
More Gameday ideas…
Pretzels stuffed with green beans. Gf option
Baked Potato Fries. GF
Indian spiced Chard/Spinach Dip with Peas. Gf
Apple Fries. Gf
Sweet Potato Canapes with BBQ Mung Bean Sprouts. GF
Blend up the cashews and white beans into a smooth puree. Divide and add spices and other flavorings.
Add the dips to serving bowl. Add chopped jalapeno and pickled Jalapeno. Swirl everything around.
Top with toasted bread crumbs. Broil for a minute and serve.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 2-4 hours
- 1/2 cup northern beans cooked or canned ( or use another 1/3 cup of soaked cashews to make it raw/bean-free)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil evoo. can be omitted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 portion of the above blended cashew and bean mixture
- 3/4 tsp raw sugar or other sweetener
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 - 1 Jalapeno to spice preference
- 1 small pickled Jalapeno 6-8 slices if using sliced
- 1/3 portion of the above blended cashew and bean mixture
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder or 1/4 tsp onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- a generous dash of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 tsps chickpea or yellow miso use chickpea miso to make soy-free
- 1 Tablespoon beer optional
- 1/2-1 Jalapeno chopped small
- 1 pickled jalapeno chopped small 6-7 slices chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tsps evoo or vegan butter
- a generous dash of salt and pepper
- Soak the cashews in warm hot water for 2-4 hours. Drain and Blend with 1/2 cup water into a smooth cream. Add the northern white beans and extra virgin olive oil and blend into a smooth consistency. Remove a third of the cashew mixture to make into havarti dip.
- In the remaining cashew mixture(2/3 of the original quantity) in the blender, add all the ingredients under Cream cheese jalapeno dip. Blend to a smooth consistency. Taste and adjust salt, spice and tang to taste if needed. Pour the dip into a baking/serving dish.
- In the same blender, add the remaining cashew mixture and the ingredients under havarti dip. Blend to a smooth consistency. Taste and adjust salt and spice to taste. Pour the havarti dip in the same serving dish.
- Add chopped jalapeno and chopped pickled Jalapeno,Swirl the dips and jalapeno. Do not mix the dips completely. Just create a good distribution of swirls.
- Toast the breadcrumbs mixed with evoo, salt and pepper on stove top on medium heat until golden. Add them to the Serving bowl. This dip can be served as is now.
- Broil on the top rack for a minute or so until the crumbs start to brown. Serve hot with Chips or Crackers or veggies of choice.
- To make gluten-free, Use gluten-free bread crumbs or coarse ground Oats, or almond Parmesan or crumbled tortilla chips. Top the dip, broil and serve.
- To make raw, use coarsely ground almonds mxed with salt and nutritional yeast (or premade almond parmesan). top the dip and serve.
- See notes above in the text recipe.
Add 1/4 tsp mustard powder to havarti dip for cheddar notes.
top with daiya, shredded home-made mozzarella coconut milk or cashew mozza and breadcrumbs. broil and serve.
Let the dip sit for an hour or so to develop the taste before broiling and serving. The dip can be refrigerated for upto 3 days. Bring to room temp, broil and serve.
Make these Baked Jalapeno Poppers with the dip.
Nutritional values based on 1.5 cups of dip