This. Edible. Cookie Dough = Awesomeness. Please make this cookie dough asap! Oh and try to treat them like a treat and not eat all of it together 😉 you know all that sugar high 🙂
These soft fudgy bars have blanched almond flour and oat flour, with coconut palm sugar, raw sugar, a lot of vanilla, just 2 Tbsp coconut oil, and loads of mini chocolate chips. Each small bar is a moment of happiness.
I mean who wants to bake a chocolate chip cookie in Summer right. It was supposed to be summer here. We still are at high 60s, sometimes 70s this week. meh. We picked up the Eat Pastry cookie dough jar during our shopping spree at Vegan Haven store. I tried that cookie dough raw, and it did not work for me. The baked cookies from the dough were really good. So I decided I needed my own edible raw cookie dough. Tada!
You can use this vegan chocolate chip cookie dough anywhere really. Make some cookie dough ice cream. Add a bit to oatmeal, cereal. Make balls, Coat them in chocolate and gift 🙂
There is no vegan butter or palm oil in the cookie dough. The mini chocolate chips might have palm oil. Use dark chocolate chunks like these from Theo Chocolate which use cocoa butter to make the cookie dough palm oil free.
More easy desserts or snacks from the blog
Mojito Energy Balls. GF
Chocolate Chip Pudding Pie with almond Date crust GF
The ultimate Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies. Gf option
Super seed chocolate protein bars. GF
Salted Date Caramel Pie. No Bake. GF
- 2 Tbsp solid coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut palm Sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract use 2 tsp for less intense flavor
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Oat Flour certified gf finely ground Oats , or use any mild tasting grain flour/white flour
- 3/4 cup Almond flour/fine Meal
- 1/4 cup ground raw sugar use less for less sweet
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup vegan Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips or vegan dark chocolate chunks by Theo to make palm oil-free.
- Melt the coconut oil by heating in a pan or bowl. Whisk in the almond milk, coconut sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the flours, salt, and ground sugar and mix. Taste and adjust sweet if needed, or add more flour or oil for the soft sticky, but not too sticky dough. Do not add too much flour as the do set and dry out as they chill. Fold in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Press onto a parchment sheet and shape into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle (about 8 by 7 inch size) and Refrigerate until set. Cut the bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge, if there are any going to be left for the next day :). Eat as is, or Add these to ice creams, morning oatmeal or chia pudding, shakes, and what not.
nutritional values based on one serving