Veggie Potato Cutlet dogs wrapped up in Pizza Dough. Perfect for Halloween. Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, nut.
BOO! Make some fun snacks for Halloween! These Mummy Veggies dogs are super easy. Potato and veggies are cooked, spiced and shaped into long dogs and wrapped up nicely in pizza dough.
Use spices of choice and make a load of these because they disappear very quickly! Serve them up with warm marinara or chutneys or ketchup. The patties can be made gluten-free with gf breadcrumbs and wrapped in gf pizza dough.
More Halloween fun
The Kindle Version of my book is now available for Pre-Order on Amazon!. It was not showing up earlier when I made the announcement last week.
Need more Ideas?
Check out VSPCA’s Facebook page for updates on the devastation by cyclone Hudhud on the east coast of India and all the amazing work they are doing to help the animals and people through this tough time.
In other news, India Bans import of animal tested cosmetics. India already banned animal testing for cosmetics, and with this they now become animal tested cosmetics free zone !
Make the veggie patties.
Prepare the pizza dough. Roll it out, then slice into thin strips using a pizza cutter.
Start wrapping up the veggie dogs and plac eon parchment lined sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Serve hot with dips or sauces.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 2 cups chopped potatoes 2 large potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped veggies like green beans cauliflower or other veggies chopped small
- 1/3 cup peas fresh or thawed of frozen
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chaat masala or amchur powder (mango powder)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne/red chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Whole wheat Pizza dough use more flour to roll out gf dough as they are sticky or use puff pastry
- Heat oil in a skillet at medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Stir frequently so the garlic doesn't stick.
- Add the potatoes and water, mix well to combine. Cover and cook for 12 minutes. Stir well. Add the other vegetables, peas, salt. Mix well. Add another Tbsp or water if the potatoes are beginning to stick. Cover and cook at medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes and the vegetables are very tender.
- Transfer the veggies to a bowl. Let them cool slightly. Mash well with a potato masher. Add the spices(garam masala through cayenne) and mix well. Taste and add more salt if needed. Add in the breadcrumbs and mix in so the mixture can be easily shaped.
- Shape the mixture into 3 to 4 inch long dogs.
Prep the pizza dough. No need to let the pizza dough rise, mix, knead and roll out. Use flour to roll out the dough into a thin rectangle. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into thin 1/4 inch or thinner strips. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc.
- Wrap the veggie cutlet dogs in the Pizza dough strips as you like. Use peas or olives to make eyes. Spray or brush oil (optional).
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the dough is golden. Serve with marinara or ketchup or chutneys
Note: For crisper cutlets, Pre-bake the cutlets for 10 minutes or shallow fry before wrapping.
For sausagey Veggie dogs, add 1 tsp each of coriander, mustard, paprika, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 1/4 tsp celery seeds, 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast instead of the spices listed. Mix well, taste and adjust.
Nutritional values based on one serving