This is a simple yellow cake. Use as a base to make other cakes or use frosting of choice to make a layered Birthday Cake or a Swiss roll! This yellow cake is soft and moist. The almond extract gives is a fabulous flavor profile.
More Cakes from the blog
- Vegan Sponge Cake
- Spiced Apple Cake
- Vanilla Spelt sponge Cake
- Chocolate Torte
- Vanilla Pound Cake – soy-free
- Fruit and Nut Christmas Cake
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 2 heaping Tbsp non dairy yogurt
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal or chia seed meal
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 to 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup vegan powdered sugar or other sugar
- a generous pinch of turmeric for color optional
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or other starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Preheat the oven to 350 deg F
In a bowl, add all the wet ingredients and whisk well until combined.
In another bowl mix in the dry ingredients, or sift directly into the bowl with wet ingredients.
Whisk until the mixture is smooth and silky. 1 to 2 minutes.
Pour the batter intp parchment lined or greased and well floured 8 inch cake pan.
Bake for 30 minutes or until tooth pick from the center comes out clean. Cool completely covered with towel, Frost with favorite frosting, slice and serve.
Nutritional values based on one cake