Tofu and Brown Rice Noodles in Vegan Hoisin Sauce with from scratch hoisin sauce. Hoisin Noodles Veggie Stir fry. Use more veggies to make tofu-free. Vegan Hoisin Sauce Recipe. Gluten-free.
1 pot meals are perfect for weekdays and weekends and this one comes together quickly. Make your vegan hoisin sauce marinade. Marinate the tofu and set aside. Chop up the veggies you want to use. Boil the noodles, transfer to skillet and stir fry.
Easy, delicious and satisfying. You can use a vegan hoisin sauce or use my homemade version below. To make this nut-free use sun butter and omit the nuts.
More easy 1 pot meals from the blog
- Sweet Potato Chickpea Spinach Curry GF Soy-free
- 1 pot Peanut Butter Noodles and Veggies GF
- Sweet And Sour Chickpeas and Broccoli GF
- Kung Pao Lentils GF
- Lentils & Veggies in Thai Peanut Sauce GF Soy-free
- Lentil and Brown Rice soup. Soy-free GF
- Hoisin Tofu and Mushrooms
Tofu and Brown Rice Noodles in Hoisin Sauce
Hoisin Marinade Sauce
- 2 to 3 tbsp soy sauce use tamari for gluten-free
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1.5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 to 1 hot green or red chili pepper finely chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 10 oz (283.5 g) firm Tofu cubed ( 3/4 of the 14 oz slab)
For the veggies and noodles:
- 6 oz (170.1 g) brown rice noodles I use pad thai noodles
- 1 cup (91 g) chopped broccoli heaped
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup (64 g) thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts or cashews optional
- 1/2 cup (91 g) Other veggies of choice
- salt and pepper flakes to taste
- Wrap the Tofu in paper towels then kitchen towel and press with a heavy weight for 5 mins to remove excess water. Then slice into small cubes or rectangles. Mix everything under marinade until the mixture is smooth. It will take a minute for the nut butter to mix in. Add Tofu to the marinade, toss to coat and let it sit for atleast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Prep the noodles accordingly to package instruction ( Bring apot of water to a boil, add noodles and cook for 4 minutes for brown rice pad thai noodles). You can blanch the broccoli with the boiling noodles by adding the broccoli in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Or blanch separately for 2 minutes.
- In a skillet, add oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the marinating tofu along with the marinade. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, move the tofu around and cook for another minute or 2 until the sauce thickens and forms a light glaze over the tofu. Remove half of the tofu and set aside.
- Add the carrots and nuts to the sauce skillet and mix well. Cook for a minute. Add the noodles and broccoli and toss to mix in the sauce. Taste and adjust salt and spice. Add a good dash of salt and mix in. Add red pepper flakes if needed. Cover and cook for a minute. Add the reserved tofu back to the noodles. Do not toss. Take off heat. Let it sit covered for another 1 to 2 minutes before serving.