Vegan Almond Butter Mousse Strawberry Parfaits. Almond or peanut butter thickened into a mousse and layered with strawberries. 6 Ingredient PB & J parfaits. Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse, Gluten-free, Grain-free Coconut-free Recipe.
Right in time for Mothers Day! These parfaits are like peanut butter and jelly mousse cups. I use smooth almond butter to make a 5 ingredient mousse and layer it fresh strawberries and some graham cracker crumbs. Serve these with a drizzle of melted chocolate or a caramel sauce. So Good!
You can also use some strawberry or other berry compote in combination with the fresh berries. The mousse is lightly sweet, so use ripe fruits or add a drizzle of vegan caramel. I was planning to make a peanut butter mousse pie and was wondering about how to reduce the fat in the mousse. To get that rich and creamy consistency, the options would be to blend good amount of soaked cashews or coconut cream with the nut butter or blend it with silken tofu. I accidentally heated up my test cup of nut butter mixed with almond milk instead of the chai cup and it thickened into this thick creamy and still a bit light mixture. So that is what makes the mousse layer in these parfaits. The mixture of nut butter and nondairy milk thickens on heating and sets beautifully when chilled.
These parfaits are perfect served layered or made into a bowl with chia seeds, other fruits and a chocolate or caramel drizzle. Make these your own. Easy, Delicious and Summery.
More Strawberry Recipes
- 1 Bowl Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- Strawberry Ice Cream GF
- Strawberry Cheesecake GF
One year ago this week
Two years ago
- Gluten-free Vegan Brownies and Brownie Mix in a Jar.
- Okra in Tamarind coconut sauce.
- Three years ago – Dark Chocolate Silk Pie
- 2 cups non dairy milk such as almond milk, soy milk or coconut milk
- ⅔ to ¾ cup smooth almond butter, or use peanut butter or other nut butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 to 4 tbsp sugar or sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla
- a pinch of cinnamon
- sliced ripe strawberries
- ¼ cup crushed vegan graham crackers, other vegan biscuits or cookies, or use coarsely ground oats mixed with 1.5 tbsp coconut sugar and ¼ tsp ground cinnamon.
- chocolate syrup or vegan caramel for garnish (optional)
- Blend the ingredients under almond butter mousse until well blended. Pour into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally to avoid burning or sticking at the bottom. 8 to 10 mins. Carefully taste and adjust sweet. Simmer for another minute and take off heat. Let it cool to room temperature. The mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Make the parfaits: add a sprinkle of crushed crackers or cookies. then a layer of strawberries, then a helping of the almond butter mousse. Repeat depending on the size of the parfait.
- Drizzle melted chocolate or vegan caramel on top
Make Almond Butter Mousse Pie: Make your favorite pie crust (graham cracker, baked or no bake date nut crust). Pour the partially cooled mousse mixture from step 2 into the crust and freeze for an hour. Slice and serve with whipped coconut cream and a generous drizzle of melted chocolate.
Speaking of Mother’s Day. This video below is a Draw My life of a Mother Cow’s Life.