Vegan Almond Butter Mousse Strawberry Parfaits. Almond or peanut butter thickened into a peanut butter mousse and layered with strawberries or chocolate. 6 Ingredient PB & J parfaits. Vegan Peanut Butter Mousse, Gluten-free, Grain-free Coconut-free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Right in time for Mothers Day! These parfaits are like peanut butter and jelly mousse cups. I use smooth almond butter to make a 5 ingredient mousse and layer it fresh strawberries and some graham cracker crumbs. Serve these with a drizzle of melted chocolate or a caramel sauce. So Good!
You can also use some strawberry or other berry compote in combination with the fresh berries. The mousse is lightly sweet, so use ripe fruits or add a drizzle of vegan caramel. I was planning to make a peanut butter mousse pie and was wondering about how to reduce the fat in the mousse. To get that rich and creamy consistency, the options would be to blend good amount of soaked cashews or coconut cream with the nut butter or blend it with silken tofu. I accidentally heated up my test cup of nut butter mixed with almond milk instead of the chai cup and it thickened into this thick creamy and still a bit light mixture. So that is what makes the mousse layer in these parfaits. The mixture of nut butter and nondairy milk thickens on heating and sets beautifully when chilled.
These parfaits are perfect served layered or made into a bowl with chia seeds, other fruits and a chocolate or caramel drizzle. Make these your own. Easy, Delicious and Summery.
More Strawberry Recipes
- 1 Bowl Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- Strawberry Ice Cream GF
- Strawberry Cheesecake GF
One year ago this week
Two years ago
- Gluten-free Vegan Brownies and Brownie Mix in a Jar.
- Okra in Tamarind coconut sauce.
- Three years ago – Dark Chocolate Silk Pie
Almond Butter Mousse Strawberry Parfaits
Almond Butter Mousse
- 2 cups (488 ml) non dairy milk such as almond milk, soy milk or coconut milk
- 2/3 cup (166.67 g) smooth almond butter or use peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 3 to 4 tbsp sugar or sweetener
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla
- a pinch of cinnamon
- sliced ripe strawberries
- 1/4 cup (22.5 g) crushed vegan graham crackers other vegan biscuits or cookies, or use coarsely ground oats mixed with 1.5 tbsp coconut sugar and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon.
- chocolate syrup or vegan caramel for garnish optional
- Blend the ingredients under almond butter mousse until well blended. Pour into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally to avoid burning or sticking at the bottom. 8 to 10 mins. Carefully taste and adjust sweet. Simmer for another minute and take off heat. Let it cool to room temperature. The mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Make the parfaits: add a sprinkle of crushed crackers or cookies. then a layer of strawberries, then a helping of the almond butter mousse. Repeat depending on the size of the parfait. See notes to make a pie
- Drizzle melted chocolate or vegan caramel on top. Variations: Layer with chocolate ganache and raspberry compote
Speaking of Mother’s Day. This video below is a Draw My life of a Mother Cow’s Life.
So easy and so delicious!
Vegan Richa Support
easy, and yet so AMAZING, thanks for another winner recipe
Should the mousse part say simmer while stirring instead of while boiling?
yes it should just simmer
Can you make it ahead and store it in the freezer. How long does it need to be out of the freezer and put in the fridge to defrost or can it just be left in the fridge overnight?
It stays fine in the freezer and makes great ice cream. Let it sit for 5 10 minutes to soften a bit, then scoop. You should just serve it as ice cream over strawberries.
OMG Richa, I did this today and it was delicious. My husband and kid were impressed!
Thank you, once again!
Awesome! I know right. so easy and perfect!
I think my kids will love these. I can’t wait to try it.
How yummy! I wonder how long it takes to mix the non dairy milk and almond butter by hand?
not much. the blender also aerates the mixture a bit which helps the texture.
Great idea. Not sure what to do with my almond butter. Now I can use it
You can do so much with almond butter! Like mix it in with steel cut oats, blueberries and bananas for a healthy breakfast, dip apple slices for a simple snack, to make cookies or even more elaborate deserts like pies or… this amazing mousse! (I made it and can testify it is yu-ummy)
Is it ok to use regular milk?
Can you explain why? Besides for animals sake? Does it change the flavor?
I made it with regular milk & it was fine. The person who writes this blog is a vegan, so she doesn’t want you to use dairy.
Oh my goodness this looks so good!
Izzy | Pinch of delight