Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake with graham cracker style crust. Easy Creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake to please everyone. Gluten-free with gluten free crust. Soy-free Recipe.
I made this cheesecake over Thanksgiving and I think I have found my favorite holiday dessert. It is creamy, lightly tangy, pumpkiny, spicy and all things holiday, fall and dessert. Its lighter, creamier and spicier than a pumpkin pie and oh so good. This has just the right amount of pumpkin and the cheesecake flavor balance which I like much more.
Its a simple recipe. Blend the pumpkin with soaked cashews, non dairy yogurt sweetener and pumpkin pie spice. Bake to set, then chill until ready to serve. Serve with whipped coconut cream, or vanilla ice cream or califlornia cabin (its a fabulous flavor from local Seattle vegan ice cream shop frankie and Jos). Make this cheesecake for a party or for yourself as you might not want to share!
This is a simple pumpkin cheesecake. You can make it fancier by swirling in some pumpkin puree (+ some sugar and cornstarch), or making an additional layer of plain cheesecake (cashews + non diary yogurt + lime + sugar). Graham cracker style crust or ginger snap, both work amazingly with the pie. The pictured crust is gluten-free vegan graham cracker style.
More holiday Desserts from the blog
- Chocolate Pecan Pie GF
- Chocolate Pumpkin Tart with Almond Crust. GF SF Grain-free.
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie. GF No Bake
- Classic Baked Pumpkin Pie with Rustic Crust. Cashew-free SF
- Dark Chocolate Silk Pie. GF SF
- Sweet potato Pie Bars. GF option
Its the month of Giveaways to thank you all for being around, liking and trying out the recipes!
I am also giving away my favorite Skillets (Ecolution and IKO Ceramic) that you often see in the videos! They are Teflon-free and amazing for making my recipes. You can enter those giveaways on my Instagram and facebook.
More to come in the following days. If you bought any of my books, pick up the Bonus Recipe Bundle here!
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
Makes one 9 inch pie pan, 8 inch will work too
- 3/4 cup (6.48 oz) non dairy yogurt (I use plain or vanilla kite hill almond yogurt)
- 1/3 cup (43 g) cashews , soaked for atleast an hour
- 1 cup (245 g) pumpkin puree
- 3 to 4 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot or potato starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp (1.5 tbsp) lime juice (depends on your preference of tang)
- 1 Pie crust of choice (vegan) parbaked, use gluten-free pie crust if needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Blend the cashews and yogurt until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. You might need to scrape the sides depending on the blender as the mixture is thick.
- Taste and adjust sweet and spice (it gets slightly sweeter and spicier on baking). Pour into prepared pie crust. I use graham cracker style.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool completely, then chill for a few hours for it to set well. Slice and serve with whipped coconut cream or ice cream.