Instant Pot Mushroom Tetrazzini Simple Creamy Comforting Spaghetti Pasta dinner with simple pantry ingredients. 1 Pot Tetrazzini. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Can be nutfree, Glutenfree, Oilfree. Jump to Recipe
Simple Creamy Comforting Pasta dinner with simple pantry ingredients. Ready within minutes! The sauce is like bechamel sauce with a roux. I use cashew cream for a cheesy creamy thickness. Usually you would cook the noodles separately, cook the mushrooms, veggies or meat, then mix the lot, top with cheese and breadcrumbs and bake. That’s a lot of dishes and time! This tetrazzini gets made in the Instant pot Pressure Cooker.
Saute the mushrooms, then roast the flour for a roux, add broth and noodles and close the lid. Meanwhile, prep your garnishes and dinner is ready. I like to add toasted breadcrumb topping to the dish as the texture and flavor makes it feel like it is a baked dish that has hours put into it :). You can use any other toppings of choice,some vegan parm, vegan cheese (add when hot so it melts), fresh herbs, black pepper or pepper flakes.
I have not tried gf pasta in Instant Pot. Use stove top method for gluten-free. Easily nutfree, oilfree
Check out my youtube channel for more videos.
Tips to Cook Pasta in Instant Pot
Pasta in the Instant pot/pressure cooker can be very iffy. It can get overcooked, undercooked, stick to each other, stick to the bottom and cause burn message and what not.
- Add a bit more liquid than you think is enough. This allows for pasta to breathe while cooking and reducing chances of sticking to each other and the bottom.
- Pressure Cook the pasta to the lower amount of half the cooking time listed on the pasta package. (eg. 4 mins for 8 to 11 mins range)
- Quick release or release within a few mins and give it the pasta a good mix immediately to separate the noodles. You also want to remove the pasta from the Instant Pot soon. The Pot remains hot for a while and will keep cooking the pasta.
- Pasta brands can differ in cooking times, so if your noodles are overcooking, reduce cook time by 1 min, and if not cooking evenly, increase time by a min.
- When doubling, add about 1.75 times the water and add a minute to the pressure cooking time.
More Instant Pot Recipes from the blog
- IP Red Lentil Chili. GF
- Instant Pot Vegan Butter Chickin(soycurls). GF – Creamy, Delicious
- Japanese Veggie Curry. GF
- Potato Chickpea Spinach Soup. GF
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup with Red lentils. – So Easy
- More Instant Pot Recipes!
Instant Pot Mushroom Tetrazzini. Simple Creamy Comforting Pasta dinner with simple pantry ingredients. 1 Pot Tetrazzini. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Can be nutfree Glutenfree.
- 2 tsp oil
- 8 oz mushroom
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley or use italian blend
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt (depends on the veggie broth, use 3/4 tsp if using water)
- 2 1/4 cup veggie broth or water
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles broken into half
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup thick cashew cream (blend a 1/4 cup cashews with 1/4 cup water until smooth)
- 1/4 cup toasted breadcrumbs (toast in 1 tsp olive oil until golden) for garnish
- vegan parmesan as needed or use nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
Press Saute on the Instant Pot. Add oil when hot. Add mushrooms, onion, a good pinch of salt and cook for 3 mins, stirring occasionally.
Deglaze with 2 tbsp water or white wine and continue to cook for another min. Remove the mushrooms from pot.
Add vegan butter and flour and cook for a min, stir frequently. (Alternately, Skip this step and use more non dairy cream in the end for creamier pasta. flour can tend to burn easily in IP).
Add broth, herbs, salt and mix in and bring to a boil. Mix well so that the roasted flour mixes gets picked up from the pan and mixes in. The stuck flour can cause burn error if not mixed in. (You can also add 1/2 cup soycurls/ vegan chicken here. Add a 1/2 cup more liquid for soycurls).
Cancel saute. Add broken noodles and submerge in the mix. Add 1/3 cup water on top on the noodles to ensure enough covering liquid.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 4 mins (manual hi pressure). Quick Release carefully after 3-4 mins.
Add cashew cream to the noodles and mix well. Bring to just about a simmer on saute if needed. You can also add some green peas into the hot pasta at this point. Mix in half of the mushrooms.
- Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Remove noodles from the pot as the pot is still hot and will continue to cook the noodles. Mix in the mushrooms, Garnish with toasted breadcrumbs, vegan parm and parsley or basil and pepper flakes.
Alternate method: Skip the roux, use 2 1/4 cup of broth or water total. Add a few tbsp more thick non dairy cream in the end and simmer to thicken.
Oil-free: Omit the oil/butter. Saute in broth, skip the flour step, and add more non dairy cream in the end for creamier.
Cashew Cream: You can make a large batch cashew cream and use a 1/4 cup of that. Refrigerate the remaining cashew cream for upto 4 days to use in other recipes or make cashew alfredo.
Stove top: Cook the Spaghetti according to instructions on the package. Roast the flour in vegan butter or oil, then add 1/2 cup non dairy milk. Fold in the spices, and bring to a boil. Add mushroom and cooked spaghetti and mix in. Add some non dairy cream if needed. Take off heat. Taste and adjust flavor, salt. Garnish and serve
Nut-free: Use other non dairy cream.
Gluten-free: Use stove top method for gluten-free, use rice flour for the roux, omit the breadcrumbs.
Nutrition is for 1 serve