Banana Chia Pudding with Caramelized Banana and Coconut. Banana Bread in Chia Pudding form. Vegan Breakfast Recipe. Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe. Can be Nut-free
Chia Puddings and I haven’t always been on the best of terms. I always want them to be fancier and more flavorful than what they generally want to be (just seeds soaked in water/liquid and served with some fruit). So we had to have this conversation sometime last year about it and decided that I have to add those extra extra things to mine.
Exhibit 1 Lemon Curd chia pudding, and 2 Golden Milk Orange Ginger Chia Pudding. This one today is banana bread in chia pudding form. Banana is blended into non dairy milk and chia seeds soaked in it. The pudding is layered with well spiced caramelized bananas, nuts (which also can be toasted with spice) and some large flake coconut. This Banana chia pudding has all the Flavors and textures to brighten up the morning!
More Chia breakfasts from the blog
- Lemon Chia Coconut Muffins
- Brownie Chia smoothie
- Turmeric Carrot Chia Muffins
- Carrot Cake Chia Pudding
- Lemon Chia Cookies
This banana bread chia pudding is easy, delicious and fun! If you try it, let me know how it turned out. Tag me on Instagram. Also these small pudding jars look fun and pretty but make it super hard to eat from :). I usually make the puddings in a bowl.
Banana Chia Pudding with Caramelized Banana and Coconut
- 1 1/2 cup (366 ml) non dairy milk such as almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon + nutmeg
- sugar/sweetener as needed
- a pinch of salt
- 3 to 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or vegan brown sugar
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk
- a good pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (29.25 g) chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tbsp flaked coconut
- Blend all the ingredients under chia pudding except chia seeds until smooth. Or mash the banana and mix in with the rest of the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat then take off heat. (I like to cook the mixture so the banana flavor intensifies and adds a more baked/caramelized banana bread flavor.)
- Mix in the chia seeds into the hot mixture and let sit. Whisk again after 5 minutes then chill for atleast 15 minutes before layering. (Chia seeds can be mixed into the mixture without boiling as well. Mix in, refrigerate and mix after 15 mins to distribute the seeds well. Chill for a few hours to hydrate before layering)
- Caramelize the bananas: Combine banana slices, sugar, non dairy milk, nutmeg and a pinch of salt in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until the mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. about 5 minutes.
- Toast the walnuts or pecans on a skillet until fragrant (2 to 3 minutes). - optional
- Layer the banana chia pudding in jars with toasted walnuts, caramelized bananas and flaked coconut. Top with some coconut flakes and a sprinkle of cinnamon or cardamom.