Brownie Batter Orange Chia Shake. Zesty Chocolate Chia Smoothie to start the day or to snack on this summer. Blend chocolate chips, non dairy milk, chia with or without zest, chill and serve. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Recipe.
Summer heat is starting to show up in the Pacific Northwest and that means I am going to try stay away from the stove and the oven to avoid a heatstroke. And make some smoothies and shakes every 2 hours!
This chocolatey smoothie has chocolate chips, cocoa powder, chia seeds to thicken, and a bit of zest. Chia seeds get blended into the shake to make a smooth very creamy and thick drink. Chia is an acquired flavor, so use flax or psyllium husk to thicken for variation, or omit it. Add some flour for a batter like flavor. This thick dreamy shake feels like a brownie that has been blended up. Serve with chocolate chips and vegan vanilla ice cream scoop.
More smoothies and shakes from the blog
- Kesar Pista Milk Shake
- Orange cream floats
- Vegan Cookie dough Blizzard
- Hazelnut macchiato
- Mocha Milk shake
- Blueberry Hazelnut chocolate Hemp Smoothie Bowl
Brownie Batter Orange Chia Shake
- 1 cup (244 ml) non dairy milk I use almond milk
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more orange zest
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- 2 tsp or more sugar or coconut sugar or maple if using unsweetened non dairy milk
- melted vegan chocolate or chocolate syrup
- vegan chocolate chips for garnish
- Blend the first 7 ingredients until smooth. I blended two one minute cycles. Taste and adjust sweet and flavor and blend again. You might need any sugar or sweetener. Add 1 to 2 tsp flour of choice for a more batter like flavor.
- Melt 1 tbsp vegan chocolate on a double boiler with 2 tsp of non dairy milk. whisk until smooth. Drizzle on the inside of the serving glass. Or use a chocolate syrup of choice.
- Chill the glass for a few minutes. Add the blended shake. Chill for 15 minutes or overnight and serve topped with chocolate chips, vanilla ice cream or other toppings.
Add cinnamon or other spices of choice. Nutritonal values based on one serving