Buffalo Tofu wrap with chickpea tofu. Soy-free Chickpea flour Tofu tossed in buffalo sauce with celery, spinach, cucumbers and vegan ranch. Easy weekday meal Soy-free Recipe. Pin this Recipe.
Chickpea Tofu is a super easy soy-free tofu sub where the tofu isn’t being roasted or cooked for too long. This version of Chickpea flour tofu is adapted from the version in my book. This is a quicker and a sturdier adaptation of burmese tofu.
Chickpea flour is blended up with some water, salt and garlic and cooked until it is a thick custard. The custard is left to set for an hour or more, then cubed and used. Chickpea Tofu recipe will be moved into another post with step pictures in the next few days.
For this buffalo tofu wrap, I tossed the chickpea tofu cubes in hot and tangy buffalo sauce. With spinach, cucumber, celery tossed in vegan ranch, this is a very filling wrap which you cannot put down once you start eating! so good! and so messy. The wrap ingredients can easily be served as a bowl. Fill with greens, top with the buffalo tofu, celery, other veggies or roasted veggies and vegan ranch. Or use cooked chickpeas instead of the chickpea tofu! Easy and ready within minutes.
More wraps from the blog
- Smoky Black Bean Parsley Chimichurri Wraps!
- Tempeh Scramble, Jalapeno Popper dip wrap
- Gobi Aloo wrap.
- Spanish Rice, Buffalo Tempeh Kale Wraps
Toss your tofu or chickpea tofu in buffalo sauce mix. If using regular tofu, press in a kitchen towel for a few mins to remove excess moisture.
Prep the wrap station.
Layer greens, cucumber or other veggies, buffalo tofu.
Add Celery tossed in vegan ranch. Fold and serve. Don’t you want me baby. Don’t you want me. Human League popping into my head.
This can easily be served as a salad bowl, filled with greens, topped with the buffalo tofu, celery, other veggies and vegan ranch. Or use cooked chickpeas instead of the chickpea tofu.
Buffalo Tofu Wrap Recipe with Chickpea Tofu
- 1.5 cups (374.48 g) Chickpea Tofu cubed or regular firm Tofu pressed and cubed
Buffalo Sauce mix:
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1.5 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) white vinegar
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or melted vegan butter
- 1 recipe celery ranch sauce or other vegan ranch or Follow Your heart ranch or creamy dressing of choice (see notes)
- baby spinach or greens
- chopped celery
- chopped cucumber or other veggies
- Wheat or other tortillas or pita bread
Make the chickpea tofu in advance:
- Prepare the chickpea tofu according to instructions.
Make the buffalo tofu wraps:
- Mix the ingredients under buffalo sauce. Use 1.5 cups chickpea tofu cubed into small cubes. Toss in the sauce and let it sit for a few minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
- Blend up the ranch sauce. Mix chopped celery into some of the ranch. Chop or prep veggies.
- Warm the tortillas (optional). Arrange spinach or greens, and cucumbers. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Add a good helping of the buffalo chickpea tofu. Top with celery + ranch mix. Fold and serve with extra ranch on the side. Or make bowls out of the greens, buffalo tofu, celery, veggies and vegan ranch dressing.