Cannelline and Black Bean Chili Recipe. Make this Hot bowl of Chili with Black Beans and White Cannellini or Northern Beans, peppers, veggies for Fall. 1 Pot, ready in 30 minutes. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe.
Cooler weather brings on a craving for hot bowls of beany chili. This chili recipe is super flexible and works amazingly as a 1 pot meal. throw in whichever beans or lentils you have, add some veggies, tomato, tomato paste, spices and let them all simmer for a while. Serve with your favorite chili toppings, some garlic bread, flatbread or tortilla chips.
1 Pot Cannellini and Black Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped, ( 1/2 of green and half red)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more cayenne
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) black pepper
- 1 tsp or more lime juice
- 2 large tomatoes chopped small
- 3 to 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) or more salt depends on if the beans were salted
- 1 15 oz (16 oz) can black beans drained , or use 1.5 cups cooked
- 1 15 oz (16 oz) can white beans (cannellini or great northern beans drained, or use 1.5 cups cooked
- 1 1/2 cup (352.5 ml) water or veggie broth
- cilantro avocado etc garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Add peppers and spices and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add lime juice, tomato, tomato paste, salt and mix in. At this point you can add other chopped fall veggies or squash and mix in.
- Add the beans, salt and water. Mix, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt and heat. (optional: Add 1/2 tsp herbs like sage or thyme. Add a 1/2 tsp sugar to balance the flavor.)
- Simmer for another 5 to 10 mins or until desired consistency. Garnish with cilantro, avocado or vegan sour cream and some crusty bread or tortilla chips.