Chickpea Flour Frittata – Eggless Vegan Frittata Recipe. This Chickpea flour frittata is filling, easy and delicious. Use the batter to make pancakes, crepes, crustless quiche. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Recipe. Nutfree option Jump to Recipe
This filling, savory vegetable frittata from is made with chickpea flour, and vegetables and no Tofu! This batter is very versatile and pairs well with any vegetables or greens. The batter also makes quick pancakes to serve with a variety of sauces.
Kala Namak (Indian sulphur salt) adds the eggy flavor to this frittata. If omitting the kala namak (or if you desire additional flavor), add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon onion powder to the batter. This frittata can be made ahead and served cold. Serve it with some sriracha or your favorite sauce. This Recipe is from my book Vegan Richa’s Everyday Kitchen, which has several other savory breakfasts as well.
MORE SAVORY BREAKFASTs FROM THE BLOG – all soyfree
- Southwest Tofu Scramble with Chickpea Flour Tofu
- Savory Oats Hash
- Chickpea Chilaquiles
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Lentil Frittata
- Sprouted Lentil Avocado Toast
Chickpea Flour Frittata - Vegan Frittata Recipe
- 2 cups (200g) finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, bell peppers (any color), or zucchini (or a combination)
- 1/4 cup (30g) finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup (30g) tightly packed finely chopped greens
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (135g) chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60g) plain unsweetened or lightly sweetened yogurt or thick cashew cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon kala namak (Indian sulphur black salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon organic safflower or other neutral oil
- 1/2 cup (15g) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9-inch (23cm) pie pan (or line it with parchment paper).
- Vegetables: In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, greens, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Batter: In a blender, combine the flour, water, yogurt, salt, kala namak, turmeric, cayenne, pepper, and oil. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.)
- Add the broccoli/veggie mixture to the batter. Add the cilantro, thyme, and dill and mix well. Pour the frittata mixture into the prepared pie pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. The top will crack and get golden. Spray or brush some oil on the top of the frittata while it is still hot. Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.