These Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Popsicles are like Peanut Butter Cup pops. 5 Ingredient Creamy Nut butter ice cream drizzled with melted chocolate. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe.
Love Peanut Butter? Then you will love these Peanut butter popsicles! These pops come together really quickly, don’t need a ton of cashews and make a creamy nutty popsicle.
The nut butter is blended into non dairy milk then heated to a boil. Heating the nut butter mixture thickens it into a creamy state making a creamier frozen result rather than icy and hard. I used this method to make my almond butter mousse for the parfait here. with silky almond butter mousse.
Pour the creamy nut butter mixture into pop molds. Swirl in some melted chocolate if you wish. When frozen, glaze with chocolate. Or put the cooked nut butter mixture into an ice ream maker. Fold in melted chocolate towards the end for chocolate streaks for a Peanut butter and chocolate ice cream!
Ice cream for dayz.
More summer treats from the blog
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Popsicles
Peanut Butter Ice cream:
- 1.5 cups (366 ml) non dairy milk such as almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (129 g) smooth peanut butter or almond butter, or other nut butter
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 2 to 4 tbsp sugar or sweetener such as maple or agave
- ½ tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla
- a good pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
Chocolate drizzle or coating:
- 8 oz (226.8 g) vegan chocolate chips or bar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasioanlly so the nut butter mixes in. Bring the mixture to a boil. It will star to thicken. Whisk well for half a minute while boiling, then take off heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust sweet and mix in. Then pour into pop molds*. Freeze until fully frozen.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave(in burst of 15 to 30 seconds). Whisk until smooth.. Let it cool for 2 mins.
- Drizzle the chocolate on the frozen popsicles, or dip the pops into the melted chocolate to make coat completely.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and return to the freezer for 15 mins. Store or serve
Yummy! Definitely add chocolate. I subbed chocolate squeezable syrup. It took overnight to freeze the pops well enough.
Vegan Richa Support
Thanks for popping in.
I’m making these the next time the grandkids come over. Thank you!!!!!
Vegan Richa Support
they may stay forever if you do!
I always get confused with what type of non dairy milk to use. For example, say I wanted to use coconut milk. It is sold from a can, a box, and also in the refrigerated section. Some have a much higher fat/calorie content. Do the lower calorie refrigerated milk products work? Does it need to be the sweetened kind?
Also, on a separate note, do you have any idea if the powdered peanut butter you mix with water (PB2) would work with this recipe? Thanks!
I usually use canned full fat coconut milk in general. For curries, sauces or baking , you can use the lower fat canned or refrigerated coconut milk. In ice creams like this, coconut milk provides the fat needed to keep it soft, so lighter might work but will make a slightly harder popsicle.
This recipe looks great! With some summer parties coming up, it will be a great idea for my parties! Thank you for sharing!
I made some chocolate pops the other day with coconut milk and my daughter ate them all. I didn’t even get a taste lol so I just made these but silly me didn’t read the instructions and just blended everything in the blender then popped them in the freezer like with the chocolate ones. Hope they turn out well. Hope my daughter doesn’t eat them all before I get a try of these too haha
they should be fine. just a bit hard comparatively. Try the cooked version too to compare!