This Date Caramel Maple Pecan Granola is a lightly sweet Superfood granola. Pecans, Oats, coconut, pumpkin and chia seeds and dried blueberries tossed in date caramel and baked to perfection. Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Recipe. Can be nutfree. Jump to Recipe
It is the season! To make big batches of warm spiced, delicious granola! This Granola uses a mix of dates and maple to sweeten and pecans to add their buttery flavor. The overall profile is caramel like without any refined sugar!
Whenever I’ve tried store bought granola, it usually ends up being a bit too sweet. So this is just the right sweet for me. You can adjust based on your preference. Add a bit more sweetener or add more dried fruit if you like.
The granola takes a few minutes to put together. It can be made oil-free and also nut-free. Use a combination of seeds instead of the pecans.
More Gifts for the Holidays
- Mac and Cheese Mix in a Jar.
- Cowboy Cookies in a Jar.
- Kitchari Mix in a Jar – Put in instant pot or saucepan and done.
- Chocolate Pumpkin /Sweet Potato Cake mix in a jar.
- Gingerbread Cake in a Jar for 1.
- Mexican Hot chocolate Mix in a Jar. GF
- Brownie Mix in a Jar for 1 or for 8.
- Brownie Mix , gluten-free.
This Granola is Crunchy Crisp, Buttery with the Pecans and coconut, Caramelly with the Dates and maple and vibrant with the dried blueberries! Make a double batch for yourself or for gifting.
Its Crisp, smells amazing and is versatile! Lets make it.
Date Caramel Maple Pecan Granola
- 12 soft dates , soaked in warm water for atleast a half hour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup , 4 tbsp for sweeter
- 1 tbsp oil , coconut or neutral (or omit for oilfree and 1 tbsp more maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) non dairy milk or reserved soaking water from the dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup (26.67 g) shredded coconut , divided
- 1.5 cups (121.5 g) old fashioned oats (certified glutenfree if needed), or use puffed glutenfree grains
- 1/2 cup (49.5 g) pecans , heaping cup, a mix of chopped and halfs
- 1/4 cup (16 g) pumpkin seeds , or other seeds or nuts such as cashews
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (80 g) dried blueberries , or chopped dates or other dried fruit
- Line a baking dish with parchment. Preheat the oven to 275 deg F (135 C). Drain the dates (reserve soaking water) and blend with the maple syrup, oil, 1/4 cup milk/soaking water, salt, cinnamon, and 1 tbsp shredded coconut, until smooth. (Add another tbsp of soaking water to help with the blending if needed).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, pecans, pumpkin seeds, flax and chia. You can also add 1/4 cup more of chopped nuts or seeds of choice.
- Add the blended date mixture and mix well until all the dry ingredients are coated. Sprinkle a good pinch of salt on the mix.
- Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet or dish. Bake at 275 degrees F for 35 mins, then turn the tray around. Move the granola after 15 mins and then continue to bake for another 20 mins or until crisp. (total 65 to 75 mins)
- Cool for 5 mins, then mix in dried fruit of choice. Cool completely before storing. Store in airtight glass container for upto a month. Serve over breakfast oats, chia pudding, yogurt, smoothie bowls etc