My recipe for Nepali aloo is vegan and low in fat and calories. Potatoes are cooked with spices to create a flavorsome dish Jump to Recipe
Another one of my Masi's recipe.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 medium potatoes chopped this dish is usually made with baby potatoes
- 3 serano peppers chillies sliced into thin long slices
- 2 inch ginger sliced into thin long slices
- 5 cloves garlic sliced into thin long slices
- 2 teaspoons vinegar or more for a more sour taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1 cup (237 ml) oil to fry
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) turmeric powder
- Chop the potatoes and shallow or deep fry them.
- Fry the sliced chillies, ginger and garlic
- In a large pan with a little oil on medium heat, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add the potatoes, chillies, ginger, garlic, turmeric and salt and mix well.
- add in the vinegar and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot!!! with rotis or naan !!
Nutritional values are based on one serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 40IU1%
Vitamin C 21.4mg26%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.