No Bake Sunbutter Granola Bars. These 5 Ingredients Sunbutter Oatmeal Bars are great for snacking. Freezer friendly and versatile. Vegan Glutenfree Nutfree Soyfree Recipe Jump to Recipe
I always need some snack things around esp when getting out for a while. As soon as I am in the car, I need to snack! These Snack Bars come in very handy. They need just 5 ingredients, take 10 mins of active time and are freezer friendly, so you can grab one right out of the freezer when needed and also carry them around the whole day. Hubbs carries them on his hikes too. You can add more seeds, nuts, dried fruit to make a heartier granola bar.
These simple oatmeal bars have Oats that get toasted lightly. Then the sun butter is heated and mixed with maple syrup. Vanilla or spices for flavor and oats are mixed in. The mix is then pressed into a pan. Melted chocolate is drizzled on top and then the bars are frozen to set and easy slicing. Use other nut butters if needed, and other grain flakes if avoiding oats. Shape the mix into balls for a different form factor. Lets make these sunbutter oatmeal bites!
Ingredients for Sunbutter Granola Bars
- Oats add fiber and texture to these bars. I like to lightly toast the oats for a nuttier and cooked flavor. Use certified gluten-free Oats if needed or use other flaked grain such as quinoa or rice.
- Smooth Sunflower seed butter makes up the bulk of the wet ingredients. You can use other nut butters such as almond butter, peanut butter, cashew butter or mix nut/seed butters as well. Depending on the seed/nut butter used, you might need to add a few tsp non dairy milk or coconut oil if the nut butter mixture is too stiff when mixing oats.
- Maple syrup adds the sweetness as well as moisture.
- Vanilla extract adds a nice light flavor. You can add other extracts or spices such as cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Melted chocolate chips add a pretty drizzle, well because chocolate! You can skip the chocolate for chocolate-free, or add more of it for a thicker chocolate topping layer, to preference.
- Other Additions: Add 1-2 tbsp chia seeds, hemp seeds, add chopped dates or dried fruit of choice.
Assemble the ingredients. Toast the oats in a skillet or saucepan until fragrant.
Remove the oats. Add sunbutter and maple and heat to just about warm-hot. Take off heat. Mix in vanilla, salt if using and oats. Mix well to combine. Drop onto parchment lined pan and spread evenly using a spatula.
Melt some chocolate in a double boiler or microwave with a tsp of non dairy milk. Mix until smooth and melted. Drizzle over the oatmeal bars. Freeze, then slice and store.
More Snack Bars and bites from the blog
- Carrot Cake Bites – They taste like Carrot Cake! you all have been loving them. GF
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls with Rice Krispies/Oats– Cannot get any better than pb and chocolate. GF
- Seedy Chocolate Snack Bars – no dates! GF
- Golden Sesame Balls – Because turmeric GF
- Mojito Energy Balls – so fresh and zesty! GF
- Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites – these snack balls Taste like blueberry muffins. GF
Vegan Sunbutter Granola Bars
- 1 cup (81 g) oats (use certified gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup (260 g) sunbutter
- 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (56.67 g) vegan chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp non dairy milk or coconut oil
- Line an 8 inch brownie pan with parchment. Toast the oats on a skillet/saucepan for 5 to 6 mins, over medium heat. Remove from the pan.
- Add the sunbutter and maple syrup and warm over medium low heat and mix. Warm to just about hot and well mixed. Take off heat.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix in. Add the oats and mix in. Add a good pinch of salt if the sunbutter isnt salted.
- Drop the mixture onto the prepared pan and spread it using a spatula.
- Melt the chocolate with 1 tsp non dairy milk in a double boiler or microwave (bursts of 10 seconds) Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate all over the bars. Freeze for half an hour, then slice and store.Refrigerate for upto a week, freeze for upto a month.