Vegan Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites, 1 Bowl 15 Minute. 8 Ingredient Lemon Blueberry Energy balls for Snacking. Gluten-free Grain-free Soyfree Recipe, nutfree option Jump to Recipe
When you want a blueberry muffin but not all the baking with it, these bites work out perfectly! Smooth neutral nut butter, sweetener, vanilla, almond flour, lemon juice, coconut flour and dried blueberries!
These balls need just 1 Bowl, 8 ingredients and 15 mins active time! No food processor needed.
They are soft, cakey and a delicious snack. Add some oats and seeds to make them more hearty. I didn’t add oats to keep the texture more cake like. Change them up to preference. These bites are freezer friendly! See Recipe notes to make them without nuts.
Ingredients for Blueberry Muffin Energy bites and substitution options
- Smooth cashew butter, or almond butter is the base volume of these bites. See recipes notes to make nutfree.
- Lemon juice and vanilla add the lemony muffin flavor. Add some lemon zest as well for a lemon blueberry muffin ball.
- Coconut sugar or other fine unrefined sugar adds the sweetness. It can be subbed with dates, you will need a food processor to first process the dates then add and process the rest of the ingredients to make a dough. Fold in the blueberries.
- Almond flour and coconut flour make the base of the bites. These flours are neutral and light for a cakey texture rather than a dense energy ball. Both flours can be replaced with oat flour or a combination of oat and all purpose.
- Chia seeds add a bit of crunch and nutrition. They can be left out to preference.
Step by Step photos
Assemble the ingredients. For measuring nut butter, leave it out for 5-10 mins on the counter to come to room temperature, then grease the measuring cup and add spoonfuls.
Mix the nut butter with sugar, lemon, vanilla and salt and mix until well combined. If using dates, process the dates first, then add the rest of the ingredients except blueberries and process until well combined.
Fold in the dry flours and blueberries. Use hands or cookie scoop to shape the bites.
- Add zest of half a lemon for lemon blueberry muffin bites
- Add orange juice and orange zest for orange blueberry muffin balls.
- Add other dried berries.
- Add some oats or seeds such as hemp seeds for a hearty snack bite.
More Energy Balls from the blog.
- Carrot Cake Bites – They taste like Carrot Cake! you all have been loving them.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls with Rice Krispies– Cannot get any better than pb and choc
- Seedy Chocolate Snack Bars – no dates!
- Golden Sesame Balls – Because turmeric
- Mojito Energy Balls – so fresh and zesty!
Vegan Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup (128 g) smooth cashew butter or use almond butter
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (53.33 g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- 1/2 cup (56 g) almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour or use oat flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional), or add other small seeds of choice
- 1/4 cup (40 g) dried blueberries
- Measure out the ingredients and keep ready. Let the nut butter sit for 10 mins to come to room temperature, or warm in a bowl in microwave. Mix nut butter, sugar, lemon, vanilla and salt in a bowl until well incorporated. (Nut butters can stiffen quickly and mixing will take longer depending on the type of nut butter and ambient temperature)
- Add flours and mix in, Add the chia and blueberries and mix into a soft dough
- Roll into balls using hands or use cookie scoop to shape. Store on the counter for the day, refrigerate for upto a week and freeze for a month.
- Nut butter is the volume of the recipe. To sub, use sunbutter. Or use 1 cup of dates for the volume. Process to break the dates down, then add in the flours, vanilla, lemon, chia and salt and process to combine. Then fold in the blueberries.
- Flours can be subbed with oat flour, or a combination of oat and all purpose or oat and coconut flour.