These 1 Bowl Tahini Oatmeal Cookies have no refined sugar and oil and come together within minutes. No eggs, Vegan, Glutenfree, Nutfree, Soyfree Tahini Oat Cookie Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Simple Oatmeal Cookies are a favorite snack in my house especially in cooler weather. Some nut butter, or sun butter, oats, flour and done. In this variation, I use tahini for the fat and volume. Tahini makes these a salty, sweet, and interesting cookie. Tahini adds a fabulous buttery texture to the cookies without needing any added oil. It also adds a slight bitter profile. Add some dried fruit/raisins, chocolate chips or other additions, add some spices of choice. Add an icing,make this cookie your own.
If you like tahini, you will also love my Chocolate tahini flourless cookies!
What is Tahini?
Tahini is just blended up toasted hulled sesame seeds. The seeds are blended/processed until smooth and fluffy sesame seed butter. The flavor and texture of tahini varies significantly with brand. Tahini adds a nutty, slightly bitter (but pleasing bitter) profile wherever you use it. However, depending on the brand, it might add a lot more bitter. This bitter especially will show up in sweet things like this cookie. For best results use a brand that you generally like the flavor of. I like Soom and Whole foods brand.
Ingredients for Vegan Gluten free Tahini Oatmeal Cookies
- Smooth tahini is the base volume and fat in this recipe. Tahini can be a tad bitter depending on the brand, so use one you generally like the flavor of.
- Maple syrup is the sweetener. To substitute, use same amount of sugar and 1 tbsp non dairy milk
- a bit of non dairy milk and vanilla extract round up the wet ingredients.
- Oat flour and cornstarch are the dry flour mix. Use other starch as substitute for cornstarch
- Old fashioned oats add the oatmeal volume.
- baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon or other spices
- flakes sea salt on top adds a balance to the bitter tahini.
How to make Tahini Oatmeal cookies with step pictures
Add all the wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
Add 1/2 cup flour and the rest of the dry ingredients except oats. Mix the dry lightly with a spoon before mixing into the wet.
Add the oats and fold in. Add more oat flour and mix in then chill for 15 mins.
Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheet. Using wet hands flatten and shape. Sprinkle flaked salt on top.
Bake at 345 deg F for 12 to 14 mins. Cool for 10 mins and serve.
More Tahini Recipes
- Tahini Ginger Cookies, Gf option
- Chocolate Tahini Cookies. Grainfree
- Chickpea Tahini Salad Sandwich, GF option
- Berbere roasted Acorn with Tahini dressing, GF
More Oatmeal cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, GF option
- Sunbutter Oatmeal Cookies, GF option
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
Tahini Oatmeal Cookies Vegan Gluten free
- 1/4 cup (60 g) tahini (mix the tahini well and then measure)
- 1/3 cup (78.86 ml) maple syrup (see note for substitute)
- 1 tbsp non dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90 g) oat flour (use all purpose flour if not glutenfree)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or other starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (81 g) old fashioned oats
- flaked salt as needed
- Preheat the oven to 345 deg F (175 C). Add all the wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and the rest of the dry ingredients, except oats and flaked salt. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon lightly with a spoon before mixing into the wet.
- Add the oats and fold in. Add the remaining oat flour and mix in until the mixture is a stiff batter like state. Chill for 15 mins.
- Use a scoop to place scoops of the mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet. Using wet hands flatten and shape. Sprinkle flaked salt on top.
- Bake at 345 deg F for 12 to 14 mins. Cool for 10 mins.Store: on the counter for upto 4 days. Refrigerate for 2 weeks.