1 Bowl Chocolate Tahini Cookies. Amazing Texture and flavor in these Easy Cookies. 8 Ingredients. 20 Mins. Vegan Oilfree Glutenfree Grainfree Nutfree Recipe Jump to Recipe
These Tahini cookies will blow your mind. Crumbly, chocolately, shortbread like chocolate cookies.
Tahini is sesame seed paste which has a pleasing light bitter flavor profile. When baked, it adds amazing cookie like texture. These cookies which are mostly just tahini, have this melt in your mouth texture and unique flavor profile. The flavor can be intriguing and you need to try it!.
These Cookies need 1 Bowl, 8 Ingredients, No nuts, No gluten or grains or oil and are Melt in your mouth chocolatey and surprising. Everyone who tried these commented about not knowing what that flavor was but could not stop eating them! Let me know if you can stop:)
More Cookies to bake this holiday season
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies.
- PB Chickpea Cookie Pie- Can be nut-free. GF
- Lemon Chia Cookies. GF option
- Cardamom Snikerdoodles. GF option
- Peanut butter Pecan Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. GF
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Ginger Tahini Cookies GF option
What to expect from these double chocolate tahini cookies? These are not your regular chocolate cookies. I know this because hubbs came home, saw them, picked one up to take a big bite, then you should have seen his face. Then he looked at the cookie as if to ask what the heck is going on. But the texture was too good, so he took another bite, then another and then he was like what are these! I love the damn texture, so melt in the mouth! And the bitter flavor is growing on me. Soon the batch was all gone before I could even explain.
These are like peanut butter cookies which are just peanut butter and sweetener. If you dislike peanut butter, you might not like pb cookies. Similarly, you might find the mellow tahini flavor intrusive here. Its a balanced tahini chocolate flavor. You can use tahini + nut butter for less tahini profile. The added coconut and a sprinkle of salt on top (thank you Lucy!) helps reduce the flavor too.
Chocolate Tahini Cookies Grainfree Oilfree Nutfree
- 1/2 cup (120 g) tahini stirred
- 1/3 cup (53.33 g) coconut sugar or other fine sugar of choice
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk room temperature
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1.5 tbsp coconut flour (see notes for subs)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch or other starch
- 1/4 cup (45 g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F (180 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment. Mix the tahini, sugar, vanilla, non-dairy milk until well combined. Do not over mix as the tahini will seize into a stiff mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently. (You can also add in 1/4 cup shredded coconut at this point). Add in the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Shape into flattened cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press a few chocolate chips on the top if needed. (You can also sprinkle some maldon salt on top and press in. Salt helps reduce the bitter profile).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 mins** Cool for 2 mins then remove from the baking sheet and allow to cool down completely before serving.