Spaghetti Squash Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato, Garlic & Basil. Light Dinner with no Grains. Add some spiced chickpeas, roasted nuts or baked tofu for variation. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe
I had 3 small spaghetti squashes lying around the other day and I decided to jump onto the spaghetti squash pasta wagon to see what this squash is about.
It is an interesting Squash that when roasted and scooped looks like noodles/spaghetti and can be use used in place of those. It is neutral flavored (less sweet) than many of the winter squashes and works well in savory dishes. To this squash, I added a simple saute of garlic, basil, sun dried tomato, olive oil, salt and pepper and crumbles up almond cheese or vegan parm. Simple, pleasing, light and delicious!
This is second last post of 2017! The last is going to be a collection of your favorites from the year. Hope 2017 has been good for you and your family so far.
More pasta meals from the blog
- Garlic Pasta with Cajun Cauliflower – super popular
- Cauliflower Parmesan Pasta Bake – sliced cauliflower, baked then dressed in vegan mozz and baked over pasta
- Pumpkin Sage Pasta with pumpkin cream sauce and crisp Sage
- Black pepper Mac and Cheese with Potato Carrot Cheese Sauce
- Chickpea Chorizo, Quinoa shells in tomato sauce. GF
Small squash, so shreds are shorter in length. Whats your favorite dish with spaghetti squash?
Spaghetti Squash Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato, Garlic and Basil
- 3 small spaghetti squashes or 1 large or 3 cups cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp (0.5 tsp) dried parsley
- 1/3 cup (78.86 g) chopped sundried tomato
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp or more vegan parmesan to taste for garnish or a crumble up my almond cheese ball
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pierce the spaghetti squash a couple of times. Then place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. (40 mins for smaller, 50 mins for larger). Check if a knife goes through easily. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the squash, then scoop out the seeds. Use a fork to make shreds. Scoop out the shreds in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add basil, parsley and sundried tomato and cook for a minute. Add a few tbsp of water and mix in. Bring to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti squash, sprinkle salt, pepper and lightly toss. Serve garnished with pepper flakes, vegan parm or crumble up my 10 minute almond cheese ball and fresh basil. Store in the refrigerator for upto 3 days