Chimichurri Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadilla – 10 minute Grilled Quesadillas with Beans. Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Peppers and refresghing Chimichurri sauce. Vegan Nutfree Soyfree Recipe. Can be Gluten-free. Jump to Recipe
When I made this Black Bean Chimichurri Salad, I had noted in my recipe notebook to make a grilled sandwich or quesadilla with it. The Roasted Sweet potatoes, some beans, crunchy veggies, Refreshing Chimichurri and vegan cheese is a perfect grilled combination in a quesadilla or sandwich.
Use cooked beans of choice such as black, kidney or pinto, some crunchy or roasted peppers or veggies and sweet potatoes and grill it all up with the chimichurri sauce and optional vegan cheese. This garlic sauce drizzle also works great. It thickens and sticks to make a cheesy addition that holds the veggies together.
Easy, Summery, Delicious. Yes and yes!
More Grilled Recipes from the blog
- 10 Minute Taco Spiced White Bean Pepper jack quesadillas
- Grilled Cauliflower Cheddar Pesto Zucchini Sandwich
- Grilled Red Pepper Hummus Roasted Sweet Potato Sandwich
- Grilled Buffalo Millet and Ranch Sandwich
- Roasted Veggie Sandwich
Use my GF Sweet potato flatbread to make these gluten -free.
Chimichurri Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadilla - 10 minute Grilled Quesadillas with Beans. Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Peppers and Chimichurri. Vegan Nutfree Soyfree Recipe. Can be Gluten-free
- 1 cup packed parsley , or one bunch parsley leaves and tender stems, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil packed, or use cilantro
- 6 to 8 cloves of raw garlic , more the merrier
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp vinegar apple cider or balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp or more avocado for creamyness optional
- 15 oz can Black beans drained or 1.5 cups cooked, or use other cooked beans of choice
- 1/2 cup corn , boiled for a few mins if needed, then drained
- 1.5 cups cubed (cooked) sweet potato, boiled or baked
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno or 1/4 bell pepper finely chopped
- salt and cumin to taste
- a generous dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp or more chili powder blend or taco spice blend to taste
- Vegan Cheese Slices such as Chao
- Or Vegan mozzarella slices from Everyday Kitchen Book
- 4 tortillas (gluten free if needed)
Blend all the ingredients under chimichurri with a few tbsp of water until just about smooth. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Add a pinch of sweetener to balance if needed.
Mix black beans, corn, pepper, roasted sweet potato and the spices in a bowl. Add some of the chimichurri to coat. (You can cook this mix a bit on a skillet to intensify the flavors at this point before using in the quesadilla or sandwich).
Spread the mixture on one half of larger tortillas, add sliced cheese, fold over and grill until melted. Or use the whole tortilla and place on a pan over medium heat. add the filling, cheese, place another tortilla on top and cook over medium heat pressing occasionally.
Slice and Serve with more chimichurri or some salsa or guacamole.
Use other veggies of choice, add some caramelized onion for variation.
Use the This garlic sauce instead of cheese.
Nutrition is 1 of 4 serves