Vegan Sweet Potato Bread with Cranberries or other berries of choice. Easy 1 Bowl Loaf with winter spices. Use pumpkin for variation. Nutfree Soyfree Recipe Jump to Recipe
This Sweet Potato Cranberry Bread makes for a hearty snack or breakfast. It is full of winter spice, moist and delicious just like my Pumpkin loaf. It needs just 1 Bowl. Add berries of choice or add some chopped dates or some chocolate chips. the batter can be easily baked into muffins. Freeze to have a slice available whenever needed!
This is a mildly sweet,, nicely warm spiced breakfast loaf. Add a streusel or icing for a cake! Use pumpkin or butternut puree for variation. Lets make some!
More Vegan Baked Goods
- Pumpkin Cake with Chocolate Pumpkin Frosting. GF option
- Cinnamon Swirl Cake
- Easy Coffee Cake – Cinnamon Streusel Cake GF option
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake
- Applesauce spice cake GF option
- GF Cashew/Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake.
- Gluten-free Cinnamon Roll Bread
- GF Carrot Banana Bread – Also grain-free.
- Sweet Potato Crumb Cake. GF
Tips to make moist vegan Loafs
- Volume wet ingredients such as sweet potato puree, pumpkin puree, banana etc make amazing moist cakes. They also can tend to add more invisible moisture to the batter which can lead to gummy cakes. The batter will feel somewhat stiff because of these purees, but it still might need more dry to have the right amount to absorb the moisture and bake a fluffy cake. These purees leak moisture during baking which cannot go anywhere. When in doubt add a bit more flour. See video for reference on how thick the batter should be.
- This ratio is more of a problem when baking a loaf than if you bake the batter into muffins or a less height cake pan. If baking a loaf, you want the batter much more stiff. Add more flour until there is good resistance.
- The crust might feel harden when just baked, but will soften after a an hour or so when cooling.
Vegan Sweet Potato Bread with Cranberries or other berries of choice. Easy 1 Bowl Loaf with winter spices. Use pumpkin for variation. Nutfree Soyfree Recipe
- 1.75 cups flour (I use a mix of 3/4 cup wheat and 1 cup all purpose), See GF option in Notes below
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar , or other fine sugar, add 2 tbsp more for sweeter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or mixed berries
- 3/4 scant cup sweet potato puree (I use canned puree), or use well mashed boiled or steamed sweet potato
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1 tsp lime juice or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp oil or omit
Preheat your oven to 365F (185°C). Line a loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
Whisk 1.5 cups flour with the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add berries and mix.
Mix vinegar into the non-dairy milk. then add it to the dry ingredients. Add sweet potato puree and oil and mix well to combine into a smooth batter. If the batter is too thin then add more flour a few tbsp at a time. (If you are baking muffins, you can keep the batter less stiff. For loafs or larger volume baking, you want the batter to be thicker, stiff with a more dry to moist ratio ad the sweet potato puree will leak moisture during baking.)**
Spoon the sweet potato bread dough into your prepared loaf pan. (Add a streusel if you like. )
Bake at 365 deg F (185 C) for 55 to 60 mins. (25 mins for muffins). Check with a toothpick from the center. Cool for 10 mins then remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.
Store on the counter for the day and refrigerated for upto a 5 days.
**If using mashed sweet potato, you will need less flour.
To make this gluten-free: try this Glutenfree sweet Potato Crumb cake with Streusel.
Nutrition is for 1 slice