Lemon Curd Chia Pudding. 5 Ingredient Thick Lemon Coconut Milk Turmeric Pudding with Chia seeds. This zesty pudding is a refreshing treat for Summer. Serve with whipped coconut cream. Vegan gluten-free nut-free soy-free Recipe. Pin this for later.
Its been getting cooler the past few days and I was wondering where the Summer went. Hint, remember the 2 weeks of unbreable heat? That was the PNW summer. Oh wait, the heat is back later this week.
On some of the super hot days, we all need something to refresh and fill us up for a snack or breakfast. Cue Lemon + chia! Lemon zest and juice and mixed with full fat coconut milk and sweetener. Then some chia seeds are mixed in to make it into a thick creamy pudding. Add some vanilla or other flavors of choice.
The lemon zest + juice + coconut milk + sweetener is super delicious by itself and can substitute as a thinner lemon curd when chilled. Chia seeds make it into one filling and delicious pudding or treat. Add more or less turmeric for the color or to make a Turmeric Lemon Chia Pudding. Be sure to let the chia seeds sit for a while for best results. And also hydrate well (drink water!) when eating decent amount of chia seeds in pudding or other form.
Serve with a dollop of coconut cream or whipped coconut or non dairy cream and a sprinkle of lemon zest. For variation, use lime juice and lime zest or lime bar pudding. So easy and so Good!
More summery treats from the blog. All GF
- Mango Mojito
- Orange cream floats
- Vegan Cookie dough Blizzard
- Mocha Milk shake
- Brownie Batter Chia Smoothie
This recipe is also in my second cookbook! Loads of meals and meals and some desserts in Vegan Richa’s Everyday Kitchen.
On another note, how hard it is to photograph chia seed puddings!
Lemon Curd Chia Pudding
- Zest of a large lemon or 2 small lemons
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 13.5 or 15 oz (400 or 445 ml) can full fat coconut milk about 1.5 cups
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water optional
- 3 tbsp or more sweetener I use raw sugar
- a good pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more turmeric
- 3 tbsp or more chia seeds 5 to 6 tbsp for well set pudding
- Blend the lemon zest, juice, coconut milk, water, sweetener, salt and turmeric until well combined. Add chia seeds and pulse once or twice to distribute the chia seeds well.
- Taste and adjust sweet and tang. Add more lemon juice or zest to taste and mix/blend in.
- Pour the mixture into glasses. Chill overnight in the refrigerator. Stir once after an hour or so to distribute the chia seeds if needed.
- Garnish with whipped coconut cream and lemon zest and serve.