Easy Vegan Peanut Butter And Jelly Baked Oatmeal! No Flour, No refined sugar, No Added oil! Favorite PB & J Sandwich in Baked Oatmeal Bar form. Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe , Nut-free Option. Jump to Recipe
This Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal is the holiday breakfast you need! Crisp edges, swirls of preserves or jams or jelly, soft muffin like middle, a moist PB & J oatmeal bar! Add toppings of choice.
This baked oatmeal has Just 9 ingredients, no added oil, no refined sugar and takes 10 minutes active time to put together. It has peanut butter, oats, non dairy milk, maple syrup, peanuts and berry preserves and will be a permanent fixture like my Banana Baked Oatmeal and Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal. Change up the additions to preference. Add a drizzle of softened peanut butter and more preserves, fresh berries or dried blueberries and serve! See Recipe notes for nut-free option.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut butter or other nut buttere, maple syrup and non dairy milk make up the wet ingredients. Use other sweeteners to substitute maple syrup.
- Old fashioned oats, gluten-free if needed, are the oats of choice. You can also use other grain flakes such as quinoa or rice to make without oats.
- Cinnamon and a swirl of berry preserves add flavor.
- Some Peanuts and dried berries for additional txture.
- For nut-free, use sunbutter and use coconut milk or oat milk for non dairy milk.
How to make Peanut butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal with Step Pictures
In a bowl add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon or other spices if using, salt, peanuts and chia seeds. Mix to combine.
In the baking dish or another bowl, mix the peanut butter with the hot non dairy milk. Add in the apple sauce and maple syrup. Add the oat mixture and mix well for a few seconds. Even it out in the baking dish.
Bake at for 30 to 35 minutes.
HOW TO STORE this Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal
Store: Store unbaked at step 4. Store baked oatmeal in a closed container in the fridge for upto 4 days.
Reheat: Reheat the refrigerated oatmeal in a microwave or in the oven for 10 mins or so to crisp up.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE OATS?
Yes, use equal quantity of other grain flakes such as rice flakes or quinoa flakes. Or use quick cooking grains such as quinoa or buckwheat groats. Use 2/3 cup uncooked grains.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE MAPLE SYRUP?
Yes use equal amount of coconut sugar, date sugar, or other sugar, or use other sweetener of choice.
Can I make this Nut-free?
Yes, Use sunflower seed butter for the peanut butter, and coconut milk or oat milk for the non dairy milk.
Reduce baking powder to 1/2 tsp, add in 1 tsp lemon juice into the wet mixture. This will reduce the chances of the baked oatmeal turning green in the middle. This can happen because of the sunbutter reacting with the baking powder, but the color is harmless and edible.
MORE OATMEAL OPTIONS
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal GF
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal No Oil GF
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal GF
- Samoa Cookie Overnight Oats with date caramel GF
- Mango turmeric overnight oats. GF
- Golden Steel cut Oats GF
- Savory Spiced Oats Hash GF
Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal
- 1.75 cups (141.75 g) old fashioned oats , use certified gluten-free if needed, see notes for substitution
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ,optional
- 3 tbsp chopped peanuts or cashews , or pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup (236.59 ml) hot non dairy milk such as light coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup (64.5 g) peanut butter or use almond butter or cashew butter for variation, see notes for nut-free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (61 g) applesauce
- 3-4 tbsp (85 g) berry preserves or jam or jelly (I use wild blueberry jam) or fresh berries
- optional add ins: chopped dates, chocolate chips, dried fruit, peanut butter for garnish
- Add the oats, baking powder, salt, chia seeds, cinnamon, peanuts in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the hot non dairy milk, peanut butter, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well. it will take a minute for the nut butter to mix in. Add in the apple sauce and mix. Add the oat mixture and mix well.
- Even it out. Warm the preserves or jam and Drop spoonfuls on the peanut oat mixture. Swirl it in. You can also add in some fresh berries.
- Bake at 350 deg F(180 C) for 35 to 40 mins for a 9 by 9 inch or similar size pan**. If baking into muffin tins, check at 20-25 mins.
- Drizzle peanut butter and sprinkle in some dried blueberries. Cool for 10 mins, then slice and serve with maple syrup, yogurt, vegan butter or whipped coconut cream or other toppings.
- Store: Store unbaked at step 4. Store baked oatmeal in a closed container in the fridge for upto 4 days.Reheat: Reheat the refrigerated oatmeal in a microwave or in the oven for 10 mins or so to crisp up.
To Double: Double everything. If the mixture has too much liquid, add a few tbsp more oats. Bake in a 9 by 13 inch pan for 40 to 45 mins. Nut-free: Use sunflower seed butter for the peanut butter, and coconut milk or oat milk for the non dairy milk. Reduce baking powder to 1/2 tsp, add in 1 tsp lemon juice into the wet mixture. This will reduce the chances of the baked oatmeal turning green in the middle. This can happen because of the sunbutter reacting with the baking powder, but the color is harmless and edible. ** Use a stoneware dish or less browning or chewy edges, and regular brownie or cake pan for crispier chewier result Nutrition is for 1 serve