These Vegan Samoa Cookie Overnight Oats are dessert for breakfast with layers of salted caramel made with dates, Toasted coconut, melted chocolate! Add berries and fruits of choice. Vegan Glutenfree Nutfree Soyfree Recipe. Jump to Recipe
The other day I was making a list of ways to make overnight oats more exciting. I was looking through my breakfast section and saw my Samoa cookie pancakes. And decided to make some oatmeal with the same concept!
These overnight oats have the oats and chia seeds mixed in to sit overnight. For the samoa cookie, I swirl in some date caramel which adds sweetness to the oat mixture. Then top the oat mixture with more caramel, some toasted coconut and a good drizzle of melted chocolate. I mean, its dessert, its breakfast, its everything you want to eat right now!
Ingredients for Vegan Samoa Cookie Overnight Oats
- Soft dates, water and salt make up the salted date caramel. You can use an alternate caramel if you like
- Oats, chia seeds are mixed with non dairy milk and other flavor additions as some mini chocolate chips and some salted caramel for sweetness. I like some almond extract for additional flavor, its optional.
- You can use other grain flakes if you cannot find gluten-free oats.
- The oat mixture can be mixed in a bowl and then transferred to serving bowls or jars, or directly mixed in a mason jar.
- Coconut shreds are toasted over medium low heat stirring occasionally for 3 to 4 mins to toast and use. Or use untoasted for garnish.
- Chocolate is melted for the final drizzle.
- Fruits and berries can be added before serving
How to make Vegan Samoa Cookie Overnight Oats with Step Pictures
Soak the dates in 1/2 cup hot water for 15 mins while you prep. Then Blend with the soaking water and salt until smooth and creamy.
Add oats, chia, chocolate chips and non dairy milk to a bowl. Add 3 tbsp date caramel, a pinch of salt. Add almond extract or vanilla extract (optional). I like almond here.
Top with some date caramel or swirl it in. Then top generously with toasted coconut.
Seal and refrigerate overnight. Warm lightly if needed, before serving. Add berries and sliced fruits of choice and serve.
More Breakfasts from the blog
- Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Golden Steel Cut Oats.
- Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes
- Samoa Cookie Pancakes
- Mango Overnight Oats
Samoa Cookie Overnight Oats
salted date caramel:
- 8 dates
- 1/2 cup (118.29 ml) hot water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (60.75 g) old fashioned rolled oats , gluten free if necessary, or use other grain flakes
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2-3 teaspoons vegan mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (177.44 ml) non-dairy milk
- 2 drops of almond extract or vanilla extract optional
- 2 tbsp toasted shredded coconut toast over medium low for a few mins
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tsp non-dairy milk
- berries, bananas, other fruits
- Soak the dates in 1/2 cup hot water for 15 mins if you havent already. Then Blend with the soaking water and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Add oats, chia, chocolate chips and non dairy milk to a bowl. Add 3 tbsp date caramel, a pinch of salt. Add almond extract or vanilla extract (optional). I like almond here.
- Mix everything and press the oats in so that all oats are soaked. Chill for 10 mins. Transfer to jars. Alternatively, you can mix everything in 1 mason jar.
- Top with some date caramel or swirl it in. Then top generously with toasted coconut.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the non dairy milk over a double boiler or in microwave. Drizzle over the coconut. You can drizzle the chocolate lightly or pour some in for a thin ganache like layer.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight. Warm lightly if needed, before serving. Add berries and sliced fruits of choice and serve.
Your content is very good and the posts that you share are also very good. Thank you!
Vegan Richa Support
thanks for popping by
Love this recipe…
I double the recipe…
We enjoy this for breakfast or a dessert…
Thank you for sharing your amazing recipes…🎉
We love this! I’m often trying out new breakfast recipes on my teen, who will eat what I make, but not ask for it again. This has become a house favorite! Thanks Richa!
Cassie Thuvan Tran
The pairing of coconut and chocolate are absolutely killer. I tried a similar recipe before but never got to toasting the coconut flakes or using dairy free chocolate chips. Gee, I wish I did! Now it’s time to really get into high gear and try it!
The ratio dates to water didn’t work for me. It was very liquid, and I couldn’t redo it due to lack of dates. I was looking forward for this recipe, but it’ll require several tries with the amounts posted. The oats and milk quantities 1:1 left a thick paste.
hmm try with 1/4 cup water, you use the same soaking water for blending, so that shouldnt bee too much.
the oats becoming a paste is probably the type of oats. I use old fashioned oats and they dont become pasty at all even after 3 days in the fridge!
This is Delicious and Tasty!
I made for My wife and it exactly as is, and it’s very, very good.
This is fantastic! I made it exactly as is, and it’s very, very good.
Made these as soon as I saw them on Instagram! So decadent and still so light and good!