Peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies or Oats. These are like no bake chocolate peanut butter Cookies. 6 Ingredients. Rice Krispies add texture to these Nut Butter Energy Bites. Use oats or puffed quinoa, millet, other grain. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe. Use sunbutter for nutfree. Jump to Recipe
I love simple snacks at times when I need a quick energy boost, or just something to keep me going till meal time. These bites work perfectly. Delicious, fun and satisfying.
Nut butter, light sweetness from coconut sugar or other unrefined sugar, Rice krispies for texture and some chocolate chips. Nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate!
I was thinking of making a version oat nut butter no bake cookies at first. I don’t particularly like oats raw (although you can sub them here easily), so I changed them up. I like texture much better from rice krispies. They add crunch and airyness to an otherwise dense bite. Use any grain krispies/puffed grain such as quinoa, millet, wheat, plain or chocolate. These bites have texture from the krispies and chocolate, fudgy from peanut butter, amazing flavor and are super quick to make. Just add into the processor, process, shape, chill. These bites keep well for a couple of weeks (they never last that long!). Lets make these No Bake Nut Butter Cookies Bites!
More Snacks and breakfast from the blog
- Spinach Pinwheels
- Coconut flour Chocolate chip cookies
- Broccoli Chickpea Fritters
- Seedy Chocolate Snack Bars
- Golden Sesame Balls
- Mojito Energy Balls
Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies Or Oats. No Bake
- 3/4 cup (193.5 g) peanut butter at room temp (I like smooth unsweetened nut butter)
- 1/3 cup (53.33 g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- 4 tbsp chopped dark chocolate or a mix of dark chocolate and mini chocolate chips
- 1.5 cup (42 g) rice krispies or chocolate rice krispies
- 2 tsp oil or maple syrup to help bind optional, as needed
- Add peanut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla, maple syrup to the food processor, process for a minute to mix the sugar.
- Add chocolate, salt, 1 cup krispies and pulse to mix and break most of them. Add the remaining rice krispies and pulse to mix and break half of the krispies.
- Shape using hands or a scoop. Hands will warm the nut butter making it easier to bind. If using a scoop you might need to add maple or oil so that the mixture sticks easily as some nut butters are dryer.
- Shape, chill for a few mins and serve. Store refrigerated for upto 2 weeks, freeze for upto a month.