More Breakfast ideas…
these Cinnamon Rolls with maple coffee icing. yum!
Samoa French Toasts and Molten Chocolate French Toasts
Tiramisu French toasts
Coconut Crusted Baked French Toasts
This tofu-free Frittata with mushrooms and Almond Feta
and lots more sweet and savory breakfast options here
Date Caramel adapted from Fork and Beans Caramel
Samoa Cookie Pancakes with Salted Date Caramel, Toasted Coconut, Chocolate drizzle. Vegan Recipe
For the Pancakes:
- 1 cup (130 g) my multi-grain Pancake Mix use my gluten-free pancake mix to make gf.
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) almond milk
- 1/3 cup (83.33 ml) + water
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oil optional
- a generous dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract
Salted Date Caramel:
- 7-8 (7 ) Medjool Dates pits removed
- 1 Tablespoon Maple syrup
- water as needed
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- a generous pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup (20 g) shredded dried coconut
- Melted Chocolate
- Maple syrup if needed
- Add the lemon juice to 1/3 cup water. Add the almond milk, water, oil, cinnamon, vanilla to the dry pancake mix. Mix until just combined and let sit for 2 minutes. If the mixture feels too thick (it is thicker than plain flour pancake mix), then add a tablespoon more water.
- Heat the pan on medium heat. Grease with a little oil. Once the pan is hot, pour ladle full (1/4 cup) of the pancake batter for each pancake. Spread the batter a bit with the ladle if needed. Cover the pan for 2 minutes. Remove cover and continue for another 2 or so minutes until the top is bubbly. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Reduce head a bit to low-medium while cooking if the pan gets too hot. Or use your favorite pancake mix recipe, and adjust liquid accordingly.
Toast the Coconut:
- Dry roast the coconut shreds in a pan on medium heat for a few minutes until golden.
Make Date Caramel:
- Soak the dates for 15 minutes in hot water. Drain then blend with all the ingredients into a smooth paste. Use 2-3 Tablespoons of water or as needed for desired consistency. Omit salt for plain caramel. You can make the caramel before hand and refrigerate for upto 3 days.
- Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips on double boiler with a Tablespoon almond/coconut milk. Add more milk if you like a more thinner chocolate drizzle.
- Or mix equal amount of cocoa powder, maple syrup into a smooth mixture and use.
- Prep the toppings before making pancakes. Top each warm pancake, or just the top pancake with a generous amount of the date caramel, then sprinkle with toasted coconut and drizzle melted chocolate. Use maple syrup if needed and serve.