Lemony Turmeric Cauliflower Rice. Easy Side with any meal. 1 Pot 15 Min Lemon Cauliflower Rice with mustard seeds and garlic. Vegan Glutenfree Grainfree Nutfree Recipe Jump to Recipe
You all love this Turmeric Lemon rice as a side not just with Indian Meals, but with other meals as well. I decided to lighten it up with cauliflower rice and the result is this light, fluffy, golden, gorgeous, vibrant, lemony Turmeric Cauliflower Rice!
Grate the cauliflower using the many methods listed below, Lightly cook with turmeric, lemon and spices. Fluff and done! You might have a hard time keeping some for the actual meal. You have to try this Fluffy Vibrant Golden Cauliflower Rice!
Also try this Easy 1 Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice, Spiced Cauliflower Broccoli Rice with Spanish Chickpea Stew. More fun ways to eat cauliflower, try this Cauliflower Taco “meat” Nachos – So Veggiefull!, Cauliflower Potato Patties, and Cauliflower Flatbread (GF).
You can use either the regular s blade or the veggie grater blade in a food processor or a large grater to make riced cauliflower. You can also use frozen riced cauliflower. Cook the frozen cauliflower uncovered so it doesnt get too moist and mushy.
How to make Fluffy Cauliflower Rice
- Grate the cauliflower in any of the ways mentioned until just about grated. If using a food processor, chop the florets into equal size so that they all get processed at the same time. Too large florets in between will take a few pulses more and that can over grate the already processed cauliflower.
- Do not squish or press the grated cauliflower or the cooked cauliflower rice.
- Fluff the cauliflower rice before and after cooking.
- Cook till just about done. Longer cooking time will make mushy cauliflower.
- Depending on the moisture content, you may have to cook some time uncovered. Play around to see what works best for your skillet, stove and cauliflower.
Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
Save This Recipe in Your Inbox
Share your email and we will send this recipe! Plus, enjoy all the new recipes as they post!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from Vegan Richa.
- 1 tsp oil (see notes for oilfree)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 8 curry leaves ,optional
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice ,divided
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups cauliflower rice , loosely packed, thawed for 10 mins if frozen
- cilantro and cayenne for garnish
- optional add ins: 1/4 cup peas, 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- Chop the cauliflower into equal size 1 inch pieces and add to a food processor with regular s blade or grater blade and process in bursts of a few seconds to grate. Alternatively,, chop the cauliflower into large pieces and Grate the cauliflower using a large grater.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, when hot, add mustard seeds and let them start to sputter. Add curry leaves and mix. Add onion, garlic and pinch of salt and mix. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric and pepper flakes and optional peas and mix in. Cook for 2 mins. (You can also add a cup of cooked chickpeas, some more salt to make this a meal).
- Mix 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp water and add to the skillet. Mix for a few seconds. Add cauliflower and salt and toss well.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 6 mins. Open the lid, fluff really well. (If using frozen, open the lid after 4 mins and continue to cook uncovered for another 1-2 mins to help the extra moisture evaporate)