Lemony Turmeric Cauliflower Rice. Easy Side with any meal. 1 Pot 15 Min Lemon Cauliflower Rice with mustard seeds and garlic. Vegan Glutenfree Grainfree Nutfree Recipe Jump to Recipe
You all love this Turmeric Lemon rice as a side not just with Indian Meals, but with other meals as well. I decided to lighten it up with cauliflower rice and the result is this light, fluffy, golden, gorgeous, vibrant, lemony Turmeric Cauliflower Rice!
Grate the cauliflower using the many methods listed below, Lightly cook with turmeric, lemon and spices. Fluff and done! You might have a hard time keeping some for the actual meal. You have to try this Fluffy Vibrant Golden Cauliflower Rice!
Also try this Easy 1 Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice, Spiced Cauliflower Broccoli Rice with Spanish Chickpea Stew. More fun ways to eat cauliflower, try this Cauliflower Taco “meat” Nachos – So Veggiefull!, Cauliflower Potato Patties, and Cauliflower Flatbread (GF).
You can use either the regular s blade or the veggie grater blade in a food processor or a large grater to make riced cauliflower. You can also use frozen riced cauliflower. Cook the frozen cauliflower uncovered so it doesnt get too moist and mushy.
Serve the cauliflower rice with Curries, Dals or add to Bowl meals.
How to make Fluffy Cauliflower Rice
- Grate the cauliflower in any of the ways mentioned until just about grated. If using a food processor, chop the florets into equal size so that they all get processed at the same time. Too large florets in between will take a few pulses more and that can over grate the already processed cauliflower.
- Do not squish or press the grated cauliflower or the cooked cauliflower rice.
- Fluff the cauliflower rice before and after cooking.
- Cook till just about done. Longer cooking time will make mushy cauliflower.
- Depending on the moisture content, you may have to cook some time uncovered. Play around to see what works best for your skillet, stove and cauliflower.
Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tsp oil (see notes for oilfree)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 8 curry leaves ,optional
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice ,divided
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups cauliflower rice , loosely packed, thawed for 10 mins if frozen
- cilantro and cayenne for garnish
- optional add ins: 1/4 cup peas, 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- Chop the cauliflower into equal size 1 inch pieces and add to a food processor with regular s blade or grater blade and process in bursts of a few seconds to grate. Alternatively,, chop the cauliflower into large pieces and Grate the cauliflower using a large grater.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, when hot, add mustard seeds and let them start to sputter. Add curry leaves and mix. Add onion, garlic and pinch of salt and mix. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric and pepper flakes and optional peas and mix in. Cook for 2 mins. (You can also add a cup of cooked chickpeas, some more salt to make this a meal).
- Mix 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp water and add to the skillet. Mix for a few seconds. Add cauliflower and salt and toss well.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 6 mins. Open the lid, fluff really well. (If using frozen, open the lid after 4 mins and continue to cook uncovered for another 1-2 mins to help the extra moisture evaporate)
This is so good. Added peas and roasted cashews. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This is delicious! Super easy. I roasted some cubed sweet potatoes, carrots & broccoli to throw on top & a drizzle of tahini. Yummy
I added some cumin seeds as well. The lime in your recipe really makes a huge difference! Thank you
Made this 3 times this week..Awesome recipe..
This recipe is so good! It got me into a specialty store for the mustard seeds and curry leaf and it is so fragrant, fresh and delicious! Now that i have a 2 cup bag of mustard seeds I can make this over and over. Can curry leaf powder be used too? Thank you!
Great! No on the curry leaf powder (assuming you do not mean curry powder).
No some green powder… says curry leaf. bought it as it is all i could find until i got at the register where the fresh ones were hidden in a bag behind the counter haha …. would dried curry leaf work? Sa3 those on amazon. I feel the scent it provides is amazing but not sure i can easily find it.
It should work.
Another great recipe! Thank you!
Delicious. I am always looking for vegan recipes when I entertain my vegan friends! Thank you
Which food processor do you usually use? Can you recommend any? I am currently looking for the best one to meet my needs
I use Hamilton beach 7 cup
Hi; can you make some keep friendly Vegan recipes. I have become insulin resistant. I am fringe Keri recipes but too much protein and yeast. I am on my third week lost 9 pounds but ready to give up eating same foods over and over make me want to puke😩.
I amnot sure i understand what fringe keri recipes.
Making dinner tonight for my vegan son and wife. This will be cool.
Great post! I love finding out new ways to experiment with cauliflower!
I have started a blog where I try to beat the mommy blues with a good nourishing plant based diet. It would make me happy if you checked it out. I’m really glad I found my way over here through pintrest 🙂 x
My first time ever using cauliflower rice —– loved this recipe! Delicious!
This looks delicious!
Adding chickpeas makes i it a one-bowl dinner! Although peas are prettier…. I’m not fond of peas. 🙂
Cassie Autumn Tran
I love cauliflower rice! It is so FREAKING TASTY. Personally I love serving it with curry <3 this turmeric cauliflower rice looks super healthy and flavorsome–I definitely need to try it ASAP and serve it with tandoor tempeh or tofu!
This was so delicious and so fluffy! I used cumin seeds. So Good!
I absolutely loved it! I saw your tip quite late about using less lemon with curry powder, but I adjusted the spices and it came out divine! My husband loved it too.. thank you so much 🙂