Black Forest Shake. Summer Ice cream Blizzard with layers of Vanilla and Chocolate shake with cherry compote. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe. Can be nut-free. Add protein powder to make into black forest smoothie.
The heat has been creating all kinds of problems in the PNW, mainly trapping the smoke from the wildfires up north, which adds to the breathing issues. I think the oven has stayed off for about 4 weeks now which is a record.
No cookies or cakes means they get needed in alternate forms. Cookie Dough Blizzards or this Black Forest Shake.
Chocolate ice cream, frozen non dairy milk and some cherries blended in to make the chocolate cherry layer. Vanilla ice cream blended in for the creamy vanilla layer. Add some cherry compote between the 2 and boom!
The shake can be easily made into smoothie or protein shake for breakfast with frozen banana instead of ice cream, some protein powder and seasonal fruits frozen. Easy and Amazing! Whats your favorite Summer Dessert?
More Summer beverages from the blog
- Cookie Dough Blizzard GF
- Orange Cream Floats
- Turmeric Iced Masala Tea
- Hazelnut macchiato
- Turmeric Lassi
- Blueberry Hazelnut Chocolate Hemp Smoothie
- Brownie Batter Chia Shake. Breakfast Shake
If you make this shake or any others from the blog, so let me know in the comments about how it worked out! Tag me on Instagram #veganricha
Vegan Black Forest Shake
- 1 cup (4.87 oz) cherries
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar or sweetener
- a good pinch of salt
- a pinch of cinnamon or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 g) (heaping) coconut milk ice cubes
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vanilla ice cream or more coconut milk cubes
- 1 tbsp of sugar or sweetener (optional)
- a drop of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 g) coconut milk or almond milk ice cubes
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan chocolate ice cream
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar or sweetener (optional)
- 2 tbsp cherry compote from above
- Make the compote: Cook the ingredients in a skillet over medium heat until the cherries soften and the liquid thickens slightly. Cool for few minutes.
- Blend the vanilla shake ingredients until smooth. Add a tbsp or so non dairy milk to help the blender if needed. Taste and adjust sweet. Scoop the mixture into 2 glasses.
- In the same blender, Blend the chocolate layer + 2 tbsp of the cherry compote until smooth. Add some non dairy milk if needed. Taste and adjust sweet and blend in.
- Spoon some of the cherry compote over the vanilla layer, reserve a few cherries for topping. Then pour or scoop the chocolate layer in the glass. Top with the remaining cherries and liquid if any. Serve immediately.