Vegan Brownie Cookies Grain-free Gluten-free Oil-free and so decadent. These nut-butter Chocolate Brownie cookies are fudgy, chewy, easy and perfect for everyone. Vegan Grain-free Recipe. No added refined oil. Jump to Recipe
Let’s wrap up the Holiday Cooking Baking, with this cookie that tastes like a brownie!
These double chocolate cookies are chewy and crispy on the edges and fudgy in the middle like a brownie. They need just a few ingredients, no grain and no added oil and disappear from the sheet very quickly.
You can adjust the ingredients to adjust the texture to more crispy with extra almond flour and extra fudgy with less bake time. Top with fun toppings of choice!
Ingredients needed for these Grain-free Vegan Brownie Cookies
- maple syrup, and sugar are sweeteners for moisture and sweet.
- flax meal is used to binding
- almond flour and almond butter make the bulk
- cocoa powder and chopped chocolate add all the chocolatey goodness
- tapioca starch adds some binding and crispness
- baking soda adds a bit of leavening
How to make Vegan Brownie Cookies with Step Pictures.
For Full detailed recipe, scroll below to the end to the recipe widget.
Mix flax meal with 1/4 cup water in a large bowl set aside. Add the maple, vanilla, sugar to the bowl and mix well to combine the sugar. Mix in almond flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and tapioca starch if using, until well combined.
Mix in the almond or cashew butter and chocolate until well combined. Add 1 tbsp hot water and mix in.
Chill for an hour, Preheat to 375 F. Use a cookie or ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough onto parchment lined baking sheet.
Top with flakes salt, chocolate chips, candy cane etc. Bake for 12-14 mins (depending on scoop size and crispness level preferred). Cookie slam the sheet. then cool completely and serve
More Cookies for the Holidays
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies with coconut oil, no Palm oil GF option
- Chocolate Tahini Cookies. Grainfree. Nutfree, Oilfreee
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies. No Oil
- PB Chickpea Cookie Pie- Can be nut-free. GF
- Lemon Chia Cookies. GF option
- Vegan Shortbread, GF option
- Cardamom Snikerdoodles. GF option
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. GF
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Ginger Tahini Cookies GF option
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate chip Cookies. Oilfree
Vegan Brownie Cookies (Grain-free)
- 1.5 tbsp flaxmeal
- 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) plus 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (55 g) sugar such as light brown sugar , coconut, cane sugar or other
- 1/2 cup (56 g) almond flour **
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (28.67 g) cocoa powder (I like dutch processed(alkali processed cocoa powder but either will work)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch , or use cornstarch or all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (192 g) almond butter or cashew butter (scant cup)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup (43.75 g) finely chopped vegan chocolate or mini chocolate chips
- Mix flax meal with 1/4 cup water in a large bowl set aside. Add the maple, vanilla, sugar to the bowl and mix well to combine the sugar.
- Mix in almond flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and tapioca starch if using, until well combined.
- Mix in the almond or cashew butter and chocolate until well combined. Add 1 tbsp hot water and mix in.
- Chill for an hour. Preheat to 375 F(190 C). Use a cookie or ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Keep an inch around the scoops. Top with salt, flakes, sugar, candy cane, or cayenne for a mexican chocolate cookie
- Bake for 12-14 mins (depending on scoop size and crispness level preferred). Cookie slam the sheet on the counter when you take it out so the cookies settle. this helps get a more cookie like dense texture. Cool for 10 mins, then serve. Store: Cool completely and store on the counter, covered, for upto 4 days. Refrigerate for longer
- ** Depending on your nut butter used and preference of texture (for crispier), you might need to add 2 to 3 tbsp more almond flour. Chill again for half an hour and then bake