Easy Orange Tofu Recipe. Quick 30 Min Weeknight Meal. Baked Crisp Tofu with a Delicious Orange Sauce. Serve over rice/grains and with blanched broccoli or veggies. Vegan Glutenfree Nutfree Recipe Soyfree option Jump to Recipe
Weeknight meals dont have to be boring esp for valentine’s day. This Refreshing, zingy, easy 30 Minute meal is perfect to cheer up the evening. This Orange tofu comes together really quickly. Tofu is tossed in starch and baked to preferred crispyness. Meanwhile, the orange sauce ingredients all put in a saucepan to simmer. Combine the 2 and done! the Orange sauce is flavorful with ginger, garlic, orange juice and has no refined sugar. Adjust the flavors of the sauce with extra zest for more zing, extra heat or sweet, extra veg and what not. Serve with blanched broccoli or veggies, and a garnish of scallions and pepper.
For a well baked non chewy tofu, use a stoneware or thick ceramic baking dish. Keep the tofu and sauce separate until ready to serve. Toss with sauce for just a few seconds and serve immediately. Lets make this easy Orange Tofu.
More Quick Weeknight Meals from the blog
- 1 pot Peanut Butter Noodles and Veggies GF
- Sweet And Sour Chickpeas and Broccoli GF
- Kung Pao Lentils GF
- Lentils & Veggies in Thai Peanut Sauce GF Soy-free
- Tofu, Veggies, Brown Rice Noodles with from scratch hoisin sauce . GF
- Sticky Ginger Sesame Tofu and veggies
- Crispy Orange Cauliflower
- Chickpea Tofu Stir fry with sunbutter sauce.
Vegan Orange Tofu Recipe
- 14 oz firm tofu , pressed for 15 mins, then cubed
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 1 tsp flour (rice flour for crispier or all purpose)
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- a good dash of white or black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger , minced or 1 tbsp grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or use tamari to make gluten-free
- 2 tbsp white or rice vinegar
- 1 cup (248 ml) preferably fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup , or use sugar
- 1/4 cup (58.75 ml) water/broth
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch , 2 tbsp for thicker sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- Line a stoneware baking dish with parchment or grease. Preheat the oven to 400 deg F(205 C).
- Add cubed tofu to a large bowl. Sprinkle 1 tbsp cornstarch, flour, salt, garlic, and pepper. Close the top of the bowl with a plate or lid and shake to coat. Add more cornstarch and shake again.
- Spread in the stoneware dish. Bake at 400 deg F for 25 to 35 mins. Give the tofu a shake at the 20-minute mark.
- Blanch the broccoli if using. (Tip: I put it in a deep baking dish with water in the oven for 15 -20 mins. Take it out when moving the tofu around).
- Combine all the ingredients for Orange Sauce, except water and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat to bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch in the water well and add into the simmering sauce. Mix and Cook for another 2 mins to thicken. Stir well for even thickening. Taste and adjust salt, sweet, flavor.
- Add the baked tofu to the sauce and toss to coat. Take off heat. Serve with the broccoli, garnished with scallions, pepper flakes, over rice or grains.